A List Of Sydney Boat Ramps

pelican

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hello

I am currently teaching at Wisemans Ferry and have an interest in fishing. I have had a look at the public ramp there. It appears that it is very muddy and perhaps a bit tricky at low tide. I would appreciate some input by those that have have used this ramp.

Hello

I am currently teaching at Wisemans Ferry and have an interest in fishing. I have had a look at the public ramp there. It appears that it is very muddy and perhaps a bit tricky at low tide. I would appreciate some input by those that have have used this ramp.

Wisemans Ferry public ramp is very muddy. I once saw a guy pull his boat up on the "beach" there and struggle through mud thigh deep to get to his car. The private ramps at some of the ski parks in the area might be a better go. I used to launch at Carinya Ski Ranch when I had a van there and years ago I fished for bass in Webbs Creek and we launched at the NSW Ski Gardens - we launched early and paid the ramp fee when we came back. I wouldn't be surprised if all the parks have boom gates now, though.

Baz

Hello Baz

Thank you for your reply. I have asked a numbers of my students who reside in the area and they have have all confirmed your remarks about the public ramp. They also suggested using NSW Ski Gardens.

One student told me that he dread having his teacher stuck in the mud, therefore no lessons. I do think he was having a lend of me!

Geoff

If you're retrieving solo, the trick would be to tie off at the jetty (use fenders), back the trailer onto the ramp, then drive the boat onto the trailer if you can. Even if you can't drive it on, it can still be done without having to beach the boat in the mud. On my old boat, I would nose it onto the trailer, then jump over the bow onto the trailer with bow rope in hand, pull it forward, take a wrap around the winch post, then hook up and winch.

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

I used the ramp a month ago and found that its an absolute bitch to get your boat out by yourself when the wind is blowing and the tide is running in the same direction. The mud is like quick sand. I swore that I would never use the ramp again. Watch the local cop as he books car and trailers parked on the grass near the entrance no if's or but's. As has been said use one of the ski parks but don't leave anything in plain view in your car if you really want it to be there when you get back. Spencer is a smaller but easier ramp to use with a large private ramp on the point you can pay to use and easily managed one out.

Jeff

• 3 months later...

As it is now school holidays, I have had a fish at Wisemans. I did not have any success, but that is the life of a fisho.

I used the NSW Ski Gardens and their ramp was just fine. In relation to the Police Officer at Wisemans, I have spoken to him a number of times and he stated that he has never issued a parking ticket. Perhaps it was a local council ordinance officer.

He is rarely working at Wisemans. I can remember when there were three Police stationed there. A sign of the times as there were also three teachers at Wisemans Ferry school. There are only two at the present time.

Geoff

• 3 months later...