purple or tan cals grease?

I've been doing a bit of research but still dont know which grease to get. I will be servicing a few 2500 and 4000 size spin reels before my trip to NZ. I know the purple grease is meant for smaller reels but can it also be used on the drag? Or will the tan grease work for both?

cheers

I've been doing a bit of research but still dont know which grease to get. I will be servicing a few 2500 and 4000 size spin reels before my trip to NZ. I know the purple grease is meant for smaller reels but can it also be used on the drag? Or will the tan grease work for both?

cheers

I bought the Cal's purple one once to try and it was full of specks of hard bits. Done some research and other people were complaining as well. I would stay away from them.

I'm now using Daiwa General purpose light grease. Its a good consistency compromise for light turning of the reel and protection. Can be ordered through them. Has the white lid on it.

Super Lube is good as well. It's a bit lighter again if you like your reels really free spinning. I use it on bearings.

• 1 year later...