Anyone have a Jackson Cuda 12 - Northern Beaches Sydney

wise one

Hi all

I'm seriously looking at getting a Jackson Cuda 12.

I've done lots of online research and am pretty happy that this is the craft for me, however it will be my first fishing kayak and so I would love to see one and maybe even have a quick paddle in one before committing my hard earned via an internet purchase or specific order with a dealer (I've not been able to find a dealer with one in Sydney!)

So I was hoping that maybe a fellow Raider might have one and I could arrange to meet them on one of their fishing trips so I could have a look at the craft and maybe even have a quick go in it....

I live in Manly Vale so would ideally be looking at Pittwater, Manly, Middle Harbour, Manly Dam, Narrabeen Lake etc.

I like the look of the Cuda 12 because:

• Its (relatively) small and so I should be able to handle myself and cartop
  • It has a great seat
  • It has great rod holders and other fishing features
  • Its a paddle yak (I need to do some exercise on the top half of the body!)

If you can help out, please PM me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by wise one

Horizon line canoes is where i got mine from, good boat, its right at the regatta centre in penrith so you can 'try before you buy' on the lake...its what i did...in hind sight however i probably would have gone for a peddle drive option

Well - did the long drive out to Penrith yesterday and ordered a Cuda 12.

Horizonline were great - I trialled the Cuda 12 on the lake there and it lived up to expectations.

So - will get it delivered this week and be out on Manly Dam (nice calm water to start with!) this weekend.

Cheers for the advice.

Well here is my new toy:

Jackson Cuda 12

Took her out yesterday for a "shake down" paddle on Manly Dam. Very impressed - easy to paddle, exceptionally comfortable seat (with inflatable lumbar support) and very stable.

A bit more practice and I will add a rod and see if I can catch some of the bass in the dam!

Edited by wise one

• 2 weeks later...