Fishraider Records

The buttons were an idea started sometime ago.

We thought it may be nice for people to have something to identify their memorable captures for all to see. I bought a small button making program and I am able to attach a button to a member's profile. I keep an record file with the member names and the species etc. This is something I do for members that takes me a little bit of extra time. I work in real employment and do this and all the other admin tasks on here in my "spare" time.

Most people are happy and enjoy getting a badge. A few days ago we had a very nasty email from a disgruntled person who has accused us of "cheating". Here is an exerpt below

I see it all the time favoritism between your "mates" on the site and its sickening!..... i have noticed that all of your admin have multiple multiple record buttons... why is that?? seems strange doesnt it that the people who run the site are the most decorated?????and lord dont even try to go after one of your moderator friends records cause unless you can provide every last single detail of the fish you will be cut down and refused you'd do well to remember it's not the IGFA and your not a world recognised authority, food for thought at that!

This person who signs himself as Pete is obviously unhappy about not getting a button . The rules are clear and we only ask for a fish on a measure and a report to be submitted so people can read about its capture. Some may have been awarded without a measure/report and it goes through a process of moderation with several people involved.

The people who are the most "decorated" are the people that actually GO OUT AND FISH LOTS AND LOTS. It stands to reason that the more you go fishing, the more chance you have of getting a record capture!!!!!!!! People like swordfisherman, slinkymalinky and GregL are heavily decorated and I am sure no-one will say that these persons do not fish heavily and post reports about their fishing trips for all to see and learn from.

To conclude, to get a button you need to get out there and fish, catch a record of a species, take a pic on a measure of some sort and come back here and report about it. Submit the pic and when mods inform me I will make the button and attach it to your profile.

If "Pete" wants to come forth from behind his keyboard and identify himself to me then I will offer to have him on the panel in future to ensure impartiality. I will even make him a special button just for him :biggrin2: Email me fishraider@iinet.net.au and give me a phone number so I can call you for a chat about this issue.

Perhaps the buttons should be removed and we stop doing it?

Anyone wants to pm, call or email me about this then please do so.

i have noticed that all of your admin have multiple multiple record buttons... why is that??

mrsswordfisherman you should give yourself a few record buttons, considering "all of your admin have multiple multiple record buttons" you dont want old mate getting upset that one of the admin hasent got multiple multiple records.

i think there should be a sour grapes record button. you could give it to old mate that might keep him happy atleast he would have a record button.

fishing should be fun not a major compitition

i have noticed that all of your admin have multiple multiple record buttons... why is that??

mrsswordfisherman you should give yourself a few record buttons, considering "all of your admin have multiple multiple record buttons" you dont want old mate getting upset that one of the admin hasent got multiple multiple records.

i think there should be a sour grapes record button. you could give it to old mate that might keep him happy atleast he would have a record button.

fishing should be fun not a major compitition

Indeed Jimnicdusty :thumbup: I am going to make that button right now and I will make myself some sort of "award" too :biggrin2:

Thanks for your comments

Haha, where's my buttons? I've got none Mrs Swordie. Now I know why I don't submit record catches.

Well it seems you can never please everyone these days.

Sorry you feel like that Pete, I'm sure a "special" button can be made just for you to show off.

I have not got any either - but as one of those who's most memorable catches happened before the advent of forums and digital cameras I care little for the complainers.

Keep up the good work Donna -its appreciated by the majority

Cheers Blood Knot

This is a great site. The only one i'm aware of where you can learn and teach as well as brag!

Well done to the creators and to the contributors that make it a worthwhile site to visit.

Cheers, Keofferam

p.s. Ive been out two of the last 3 weekends and there are fish out there, Bonito, Rat Kings , flathead around North Head and Manly and apparently some big snapper off Long Reef. We caught the former but not the Reds but there was a 3.5kg specimen in the other boat in the vicinity.

noooooooooooooooooooooo donna do'nt remove the buttons it took me so long to get the toad record and the flying fish record and i was heart broken when i lost my pj shark record :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

just to let every one know when i got the toad record slinky asked me do you realy wont the toad record i said yes as i take records very seriously :biggrin2: my goal is to have all the crap fish records to show everyone that i catch the biggest crap fish out off everyone on this site i may well change my name to biggest crapfisherman :1yikes:

cherrs biggest crap

noooooooooooooooooooooo donna do'nt remove the buttons it took me so long to get the toad record and the flying fish record and i was heart broken when i lost my pj shark record :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

just to let every one know when i got the toad record slinky asked me do you realy wont the toad record i said yes as i take records very seriously :biggrin2: my goal is to have all the crap fish records to show everyone that i catch the biggest crap fish out off everyone on this site i may well change my name to biggest crapfisherman :1yikes:

cherrs biggest crap

Ohhhhh hahahahah Gary you are a funny dude :074: :074: . Look mate a fish is a fish.

We think we have a terrific collection of species so far - if anyone has any other captures that are worthy then submit them by all means :thumbup:

This is a great site. The only one i'm aware of where you can learn and teach as well as brag!

Well done to the creators and to the contributors that make it a worthwhile site to visit.

Cheers, Keofferam

p.s. Ive been out two of the last 3 weekends and there are fish out there, Bonito, Rat Kings , flathead around North Head and Manly and apparently some big snapper off Long Reef. We caught the former but not the Reds but there was a 3.5kg specimen in the other boat in the vicinity.

Thanks for the kind comments Keofferam

If you are giving away buttons willy nilly to you mates could I please have 'try hard' button? I try really hard to get Geoff to take me fishing. :wife:

Seriously though, I think they are a great idea. Some people just need to find a hobby for all that spare time they spend complaining.Maybe fishing :074: :074:

Edited by Dalucius

Sounds to me like this individual needs to spend more time fishing and less time whinging!!!

Donna your doing a great Job and hats off to yourself and everyone possible for maintaining this site.

I believe the rules are fair, I want a button too but know that I have to get up off my behind to get one!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Some people have nothing better to do than complain, like some old people, keep up the good work Mrsswordfisherman, maybe if he had a rod :1fishing1: in his hand rather than complaining behind the keyboard :throw: he may have a badge by now...Love the website, its informative, most people are helpful and all the stories are a great read..Keep up the good work and brush the complainers off!

I didnt get my record whinging.... well actually i did :1prop: hence why it took 26hours of hard fishing to catch it, not giving up after basscatcher caught 6 barra over 80cm....

You admin/moderators do a magnificent job. Whingers like that are obviously too self centered to realise the hard work some of their fellow raiders put into fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Donna i think that all of you do a great job, and one of my highlights when I come to sydney for a day fishing is spending it with fellow raiders and the admin team..Just for the record "pete".. I am one of those people that actually has a a record button for a fish that has not actually had a photo taken on a brag mat or measure tape..So it does happen mate..You just have to get uot there and do what you can and submit your photos and ask for that record and see how you go.. the whole point is not for fame or a RECORD... it is for the fun and sharing the day you had on the water with the other raiders, that maybe could only hope to catch that great fish.. maybe they will learn something from reading your post on how you caught that great fish..

SO GET OUT THERE AND HAVE A GO MATE AND STOP COMPLAINING..

See you all at the social in 2 weeks....... :1fishing1::thumbup:

I cant fathom how someone could take that so seriously lol

The fact that we have records should promote friendly competition and generate more interest and involvement in our great sport.

We got a good thing here on fishraider and nothing should change.

Donna i wouldnt take much notice of foolish comments, if 'pete' has a problem, why not start his own forum? I dont understand why people voluntarily and actively become a member of a forum, only to knock it. Your here by choice lol.

On a good point i FINALLY reached snapper. I was wondering when i was gong to change from a flathead lol yay for me :D

Cheers, Stan