diy live well system?

Longfish

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with an 'over the side' type live well for storing squid/yakkas....I was thinking of maybe a little piece of 100mm conduit with holes drilled in it either end and some sort of streamlining at one end attached to the side of the yak just below the waterline... would have to be easy to lift in and out... anyone run anything like this?

Pretty easy to do. Mine is 90mm pvc with tapered endcaps like you put on a stink pipe.

Start with about 1m pvc.

Cut last 10cm off the end. Cut this piece lengthways one side so it can wrap around the rest of the pipe.

Cut door opening about 2/3 of the way along the remaining section. Wrap cut piece around door.

Attach a float with cable ties I used a length of pool noodle.

Just remember the bigger the diameter the more drag it creates. Some have gone down to 50mm pipe. Also clean up any burrs inside or yr baits will get scaled.

Will try to remember to take photos & post them

Edited by sharknett

Pretty easy to do. Mine is 90mm pvc with tapered endcaps like you put on a stink pipe.

Start with about 1m pvc.

Cut last 10cm off the end. Cut this piece lengthways one side so it can wrap around the rest of the pipe.

Cut door opening about 2/3 of the way along the remaining section. Wrap cut piece around door.

Attach a float with cable ties I used a length of pool noodle.

Just remember the bigger the diameter the more drag it creates. Some have gone down to 50mm pipe. Also clean up any burrs inside or yr baits will get scaled.

Will try to remember to take photos & post them

Yes please mate. That would be great.