Official Hairtail Social REPORT 2014

Another fantastic Hairtail social this year attended by plenty of new and not so new fishraiders. The team of Donna ,me,Fiona and Stephen worked our fingers to the bone to make sure everything ran smoothly and even the weather on Saturday morning couldn't dampen our spirits.

First to arrive were Rod and Jay and seeing they were there when I said I would go through all the rigs and catching hairtail they both got my undivided attention. We re-rigged all their reels which were on the low side so backing was added and braid put back on and plenty of gangs I had made on pre-rigged single strand with Reggie Rabbits stash of red glow stiks they were set.

As the arvo moved on plenty of raiders signed on and it was great to catch up with old friends and new members alike,then it was time to hit the famous Scratchie hairtail spot ,well anywhere you liked in Jerusalem bay :bleh: First to hook up was Scratchie and as I rounded the cape of good luck I spotted Scratchie and proceeded to do donuts around his boat for good luck...bye bye hairies :074:

Then it was on for young and old and I anchored right on top of Trout Stalker and Jeff and they pleaded with me to give them at least 5 mts but you all know what I said @### off ...plenty of sledging began and we all scored hairtail to get our great social underway with some fish and a few monsters were lost boatside including Harold whopper that busted him off on his 47ft Riveria,nice boat by the way Harold.The weather was very mild and we all enjoyed ourselves until it was time to go to bed and get ready for a big Saturday Night.

Saturday dawned a bit overcast with a few showers but by the time it was hairy time again it was bright and sunny and I am pretty sure Ray Senior bought the sunshine with him and his very nice 22ft Trophy which I fished on Saturday night and Ray scored his very first hairtail.The young blokes aboard their Dad's boat didn't take long to start sledging either...yes that's you buggers Seamus and Gianni with their Dad Martin who was a very nice gent indeed.

"How big is your hairtail Stewy?" and to Scratchie "have you caught any yet" :argue: as they started to pole the Hairtail one after the other and show all the professionals up...BLOODY KIDS :mfr_lol: the bite was red hot for a few hours and everyone caught hairtail except Pirate Pete (TideNknots) who indeed won the pirate flag for doing donuts around Ray and I on Saturday night ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.There was some sort of dealing going on behind the scenes with everyone asking who has the REDS and all going to Reggies boat to score a bag with red things in them(glow sticks) he had the only stash...big dealer..made a fortune. The fish were measured and there were clear winners and losers. The next morning all gathered for a fabulous feed prepared by Stevie and Fiona whilst Donna and I tallied the scores.

The bloody kids had scooped the pool :yahoo: with Seamus bagging the biggest hairtail and his first of 1.25mts ..congratulations mate on taking out the social.

post-256-0-96939100-1406627713_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-30248200-1406627726_thumb.jpg

The ladies division was taken out by Ruth with Laurie as skipper...nice catching up with you both again and her fish was 1.2mts

post-256-0-16472700-1406627692_thumb.jpg

The youngsters award went to Harold's son Jeremy with a nice 1.2 mt fish and his first as well.

post-256-0-77318600-1406627735_thumb.jpg

On the same boat as Seamus was Gianni with a very credible 1.17 fish as runner up and his first hairtail as well.

post-256-0-29181500-1406627678_thumb.jpg

Fantastic effort by all involved and congratulations to all the winners.

post-256-0-56826500-1406627625_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-85147000-1406627644_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-76736700-1406627654_thumb.jpgpost-256-0-88325500-1406627702_thumb.jpg

Pete scored the pirate flag and is already planning revenge after taking the flag off of last years winner Luke(trout stalker).

A few mentions go out to Luke who travelled all the way from Merimbula and the gang from Oberon ...James,Leanne and Brodie great effort from you all. Big thanks to Stephen and Fiona for all their awesome help from getting the food to cooking it all...it really means a lot. Last but not least Mrsswordie who is the guiding force behind all our Socials and the reason Fishraider is such a force to be reckoned with.

Already planning for next July and I hope to see you all there with your winter woollies on. P.S the losers are all the ones who decided to go Bluefin fishing and caught bugger all instead of coming to the social :whip: Regards Stewy and Donna

Yep great social

Some great fish caught and heaps of fun and humour spread around to all the boats which were all in scratchies spot. Clearly me and seamus were right on scratchies mark :)

The secret was live yakkas

We will definitely be back next year

Thanks for your effort guys

Cheers thefisherman6784

Wow........what a great social. I definately didn't catch as many as last year, probably due to the 999 boats in "scratchies spot". But do you know what, I really don't care because this social had so many firsts for so many raiders, the information sharing was well worth it.

I left the social Saturday morning to chase fin with 4 other raiders, in which we had success, to return to even more raiders catching their first ever hairtail. From raysenior to the young fellas, everyone was in true FR spirit. It was great to see so many raiders and such a well organised event.

Something that I wished to add that really dawned on me over the weekend.... Whether your an active member like myself and catch up with many raiders(sometimes weekly) or lurking the forum and learning from the many experienced fishos that are on here, this is the best fishing website in the world. And thanks to the passion and commitment of Donna and Stewy we are all very lucky to be a part of this fabulous community.

So get out there and enjoy yourself and feel free to share your experiences with us all.

Hope to see many more of you next year!

Cheers scratchie!!!

What a great event it was thanks to all the people who made this great event possible

I was lucky enough to catch my first ever hair tail of 1.25m which I was stoked with it was caught on a live yakka

Everybody on my boat had a great time my dad (Martin) and the fisherman6784 (Gianni) and I loved to meet all the raiders

Thanks for all the tips I was given I don't know if I would of caught one with out the great tips from the other raiders

I will be back next year for sure

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Wow........what a great social. I definately didn't catch as many as last year, probably due to the 999 boats in "scratchies spot". But do you know what, I really don't care because this social had so many firsts for so many raiders, the information sharing was well worth it.

I left the social Saturday morning to chase fin with 4 other raiders, in which we had success, to return to even more raiders catching their first ever hairtail. From raysenior to the young fellas, everyone was in true FR spirit. It was great to see so many raiders and such a well organised event.

Something that I wished to add that really dawned on me over the weekend.... Whether your an active member like myself and catch up with many raiders(sometimes weekly) or lurking the forum and learning from the many experienced fishos that are on here, this is the best fishing website in the world. And thanks to the passion and commitment of Donna and Stewy we are all very lucky to be a part of this fabulous community.

So get out there and enjoy yourself and feel free to share your experiences with us all.

Hope to see many more of you next year!

Cheers scratchie!!!

this certainly is the best fishing website in the world scratchie! and its the people who make it so good starting with stewy and donna and it filters down to all the members. What a great weekend, I normally wouldn't waste my time sitting out in the freezing cold trying to catch a crap fish like hairtail but when you are in the company of raiders it is well worth it. I didn't catch any hairtail all weekend ( crap fish anyway)but I had a ball. thanks to everyone who worked hard to make the social a success and I cant wait till next year to sit out in the freezing cold pretending that I really care if I catch a crap hairtail!!!lol. pirate pete will be having fun anyway!!

Thanks to Donna, Stewy, Stevo, and Fiona for putting on such a great event, it truly was a great experience to be a part of. I will definitely be backing up again for next year. Thanks also to Scratchie for dragging his boat out and getting me into some fish after Diesel couldn't make it. It was great to meet everyone and have a blast among some great company. Good on the young folk for taking out the weekend, you all did a great job. See everyone next year. :)

Awesome work to everyone who went looks like you had a blast! The humour and community shows through! Well done yet at again to the admins and the swordies for putting it together hopefully I can make it up next year to freeze with you!

Awesome work to everyone who went looks like you had a blast! The humour and community shows through! Well done yet at again to the admins and the swordies for putting it together hopefully I can make it up next year to freeze with you!

Witha, I take different people each year and if you dare to come with scratchie your welcome!

Witha, I take different people each year and if you dare to come with scratchie your welcome!

Haha challenge accepted! Thanks for the offer mate very generous Edited by Witha

Haha challenge accepted! Thanks for the offer mate very generous

Well, your on mate. Next year I'll find a new spot away from everyone! Lol. Don't worry we'll still clean up!

P.s yes rayseniors boat is gold and an invite there should seriously be taken by someone. Great bloke and really nice boat!

Hi everyone, we just like to say it was great to meet up with you all and your hospitality was fantastic :) we had a great time and will be back again next year for sure ?

Hope to see you all again next time we are down that way or if you guys and girls are up our way ?

Cheers, James, Leanne and Brodie

it was a good social guys those hairies are a tricky 1 to catch. it was nice meeting stew donna and scratchie as well as the kids and their dad who seemed to get the knack of catching all the fish :) it was dohnuts for us but i definatley learned a few lessons on catching the hairies maybe next year

• 2 weeks later...

A belated thank you to Stewie and Donna and their assistants for putting on a great weekend. Next year my company will be putting $1,000 in cash prizes up for grabs. The finer details will be worked out with our marketing people and Stewie/Donna will make the announcements closer to the date.

Happy fishing.

Can't wait for next year I wouldn't miss it for anything

Thanks for the prize offer Harold I'm sure there will be a lot of competition

With the skill I learnt from the social I'm going to the spot and gonna try my luck either next weekend or in two weeks

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Can't wait for next year I wouldn't miss it for anything

Thanks for the prize offer Harold I'm sure there will be a lot of competition

With the skill I learnt from the social I'm going to the spot and gonna try my luck either next weekend or in two weeks

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Seamus are you getting practice in already :)

Looks like there will be a few boats flying the pirate flag :whistling::ph34r::1naughty: