Show Us Ya Best Flatty

diver1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man o man that is the best flatty i have ever seen i would sheet myself if i pulled that out of the water

Mate, she's still out there - last seen chasing pelicans & kiteboarders near the beach @ brighton le Sands..

Best bait to use is an emo kid on a 12/0 :biggrin2:

Chop - No scales, and brag mat only went to 60cm... I cant remember the truth any more.... She was Big, Heavy, and I tell ya we both felt a connection on that cold August day....oh I miss her so...

post-5303-1215259645_thumb.jpg

Here's my lovely lady friend...

HOLY SMOKES, IMAGINE SWIMMING AND SEEING THAT!!!

CATCHING A LIZARD THAT SIZE WOULD HONESTLY BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE!

WELL DONE MATE :thumbup:

Edited by soft-on

thats a huge flatty, do they put up much of a fight at that size? some of the smaller models i've caught just felt like weed :(

Thanks lads, Yeh she's a beauty.. Not much of a fight until she saw the boat, then some heavy headshaking but when I saw her I was pretty surprised by her size.. :1yikes::biggrin2:

Ive caught smaller that have given more curry, I think the older ones know we are going to release them so are a bit more chilled about the fight....

this one felt bigger than the bay lady, half the size but more grunt..

post-5303-1215607230_thumb.jpg

Mine looks so small !! 60cm; 8lb fireline; 2-4kg bream rod .. skull dragged the guy in.

They do not fight at this size ... with the above tackle ... go lighter and it'd be a different story !

Love your work TobyW !

post-2873-1216251551_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-5931-1217987722_thumb.jpghere's a pic of the second biggest flattie i've ever caught ,[nephew holding it] caught it at west reef.

biggest one i caught went around a LB more [no pic].....caught it off the wharf near brooklyn boat ramp...go figure! :wacko:

edit:both were a case of the ol' hmm.".that baits been soaking awhile,better check it".

Edited by hooked4life

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of my biggest flatty I have caught of my kayak at Dolans bay on a tiny hook and nipper for whiting :biggrin2: went 72cm quick pic and back she went

pb_flattie_72cm_455.jpg

72cm_flattie_813.jpg

Cheers Ben