Sydney Marlin

Secho

Went out of Sydney last week in hope of a Marlin on our mate Cammo's boat.. we had hooked 2 in the prior week but went 1.0.0 on both of those trips

Managed to find some nice baits around the rocks and had a crack at sewing them up as skips.. managed to punch the needle into my hand all the way past the head.. not a good start to the day.. one of the boys ripped it back out for me and we gave it a good dose of extra dry before continuing on for the day

post-10991-070088600 1328409893_thumb.jpg

From there we trolled lures around the 12, then the skips up to the bait station, back across to Botany Wide Fad, over the Plonk and out to Browns.

By this time we had gone through 6 or 7 skips baits and a bit of cabin pressure was starting to set in, we had been on the water for about 13 hours by this time.

We had just trolled lures back in from browns to the the wide Fad when something started to whack at the long corner.. before we knew it the reel was screaming and we got about clearing the decks while Cammo took to the fish.

Sadness turned back into happiness as Cammo got the fish beside the boat and it was decided that his first Marlin (first on his own boat) was going home as a feed.

In gaffing the fish we were a bit too keen and as a result we landed on our backsides with the fish on top of us

post-10991-047449100 1328410441_thumb.jpg

All in all a good day out.

post-10991-069784300 1328410569_thumb.jpg

post-10991-061880400 1328410603_thumb.jpg

Went out again yesterday but no luck, managed a few good dollies off the Fad but nothing else - looking forward to a few days with Mike and Damo at Port Stephens in the week after next.

Cheers

Marty

Edited by Secho

Hey Marty thats a solid fish.. well done. Nice work with the needle as well.. better the needle than a 10'0. Speak to you soon about your skippys.

Cheers Damo

Cheers mate,

Looking forward to going for a run up at Port Stephens with you guys.. I've locked it in with Mike for the 14th & 15th - did you get that pic I emailed you on Friday of the one we lost after 3 hours - keen to hear if you call if for a blue or black.. i'm thinking black by the look of the pec fins?

Regards

Marty

Awesome effort guys.

We went out today and found a lot of bait and birds north east of the bait station. Raised a good sized black who followed the lumo on the long corner and then made a run of about 300 metres before tail walking everywhere and spiting the hook. Where the bait was holding the water was over 26 degrees and an awesome colour but probably a bit too warm. Looking good for the next few weeks though. Was just a glorious day to be out there with perfect conditions right through to about 4pm when we cruised home with the nor easter.

Cheers mate,

Looking forward to going for a run up at Port Stephens with you guys.. I've locked it in with Mike for the 14th & 15th - did you get that pic I emailed you on Friday of the one we lost after 3 hours - keen to hear if you call if for a blue or black.. i'm thinking black by the look of the pec fins?

Regards

Marty

The fishing up there is pretty hot and will only get better. Yes mate I would say thats a black by the look of it.

Cheers

Damo