Rod Riggers

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting a set of rod riggers , has anyone got some ? If so how do you like them. I think that they would be good to get the inside rods out of the wash. I havent got any outriggers yet and am thinking that these would be a cheaper place to start.

Hopefully next year I can invest in outriggers . I will see the brickman.

Thanks folks

Brad

ive got as set ,i dont think they clear the wash at normal trolling speeds,i use them when fishing inshore and coudnt be boothered bringing the riggers along ,they certainly help reducing tangles ,outriggers are much better but ,its a cheap fix if you know what i mean,they all also double when bottom fishing/drifting to get the right angle to use the baits out the side of the boat

• 1 month later...

Hi Slink,

I have a set of rod riggers and use them at 90degrees from my rocket launcher as DIY outriggers with a couple of old rods (around 7 foot, but would like a couple of 10 foot beach rods to give me a little extra spread). Works really well. A couple of release clips at the end of the rods. On a 6.25m boat.

Also use them when at anchor bottom bashing with a lucanis jig or livey hanging off them. Gets them out of the way and can fish ot the back with no worries.

Cost $80 instead of $BIG. As a compromise, they are great, esp for a trailerboat.

Attached photo shows them held on with occy straps for the first test run, which has since been upgraded to a couple of stainless pins which is much neater.

post-16738-020061800 1338525315_thumb.jpg

post-16738-079172700 1338526324_thumb.jpg

a decent set of rod riggers will cost you $200

a full set of outriggers with bases from Gary (Brickman) will cost your $400

i would be getting the outriggers ova rod riggers any day

you want your lures in the clean water and as magoo said the rodriggers wont do this

give Gary a call the seafarer deserves the outriggers