THE UP'S & DOWN'S ON A SATURDAY ARVO

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

On Saturday afternoon the wife wasn't feeling too well , so after putting our youngest daughter Sienna 2 down for her arvo nap I suggested she have a lie down herself & I'll get our two older kids Bianca 4 & Anthony 7 out of the house to give her some peace & quite .
So decided to hook up the boat get some bait out of the freezer & head down to Georges for a quick fish with the kids .
Got there just on high tide launched the boat & after a short trip to our Favourite spot set the anchor . Cast out our rods & with prawns & salted tailor strips as bait , sat back with the kids & waited for the Action to start up . The conversation was all about who was gonna cacth the biggest fish ....
Within minutes Anthony's little whiplash rod Buckles over & his on ! After a quick tussle I net his nice 32cm bream on 4lb line & tailor strip did the damage . Everyone was on a high & then DISASTER !!! As I opened the live-well lid at the back of the boat I knocked my Shimano Fireblood into the River 7 meters down. NOOOOOOOO !!!! I screamed followed by quite a few words I rather not repeat .This was the second time that I have lost one of these rods in the water the last was in the Harbour But that's another story . WHAT TO DO , WHAT TO DO ?? As they say @!&T HAPPENS . I decided to fish on with the kids & not let it ruin an otherwise perfect day.
I rebaited his hook & recast his rod out again . I was feeling GUTTED ! I decided to pick up my spare rod & rig up the heaviest slug with the biggest treble on the back & decided to cast out the back of the boat in the direction the rod went over , I let the lure hit the bottom & started the slow retrieve back hoping to somehow snag the line or part of the rod that went over . What's the chances ????
1st retrieve nothing & then just before I could get a 2nd cast in my daughters rod buckles over , she grabs her rod & after a quick battle I net her a nice 27cm bream . She's leaping with JOY ! Seeing her so happy Cheers me right up & I was back to HAPPY DAYS .
I rebait & recast her rod , now what was I doing ???? that's right trying to pull a miracle !!!! So 2nd cast of trying to snag my submarine rod I start my slow retrieve as I'm doing this I wonder am I that Lucky ? I feel no weight as I lift the lure out of the water but as I look down I see red braid snagged around the lure , I quickly grab hold of the braid as my daughter holds my rod & I'm praying to all the GODS out there PLEASE LET IT BE ! And sure enough after a couple of handfuls of braid the tip of my rod emerges from the muddy depths .
Now everyone's Happy Again !!!! And with 6 more fish to follow shortly after including 2 on my Miracle rod all legal bream + 1 small Flounder by my daughter + small Flattie by me which were all released we decided to head home .
What a 2hr session that was ! But it was great to get out with the kids !!

post-34552-0-56601200-1427791398_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-67721000-1427791425_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-56541600-1427791450_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-11135700-1427791490_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-52007200-1427791410_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson

great day! im still waiting for my mrs to give me the go ahead so i can take the kids out. you manage to offload the boat by yourself alone? seems like you have a pretty decent(heavy F/G boat) :)

Took lots of practice to load & unload the boat on my own , but nowadays I can actually load my 23ft fiberglass quicker than most guys with Tinnys . In regards to fishing spots on Georges any place within casting distance of Structure / Bridges . Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson

Great Story and looks like fun had by all, Great to see the little ones and dad kitted out in life jackets. :sun: Top example set.

Thanks mate , The kids know ... If dads wearing one the kids gotta wear one !