Girlfriend smashing it on plastics and other recent adventures

Witha

G'day raiders!

Lately my after work bream sessions have had some company in the form of my wonderful girlfriend. And I've got a but if a dilemma...can't decide whether to buy her a ring or a rod!

After a couple of years of tolerating my fishing and joining me for the sake of learning what I love, she's now killing it on the plastics and bugging ME to go out for a session!

We started last week with a casual after work mission to the Parra and she quickly managed two small flatties! (Breathe a sigh of relief there, she cracks it pretty quick if there's no action)

f4ab52fbad6394f31c2d77f7cf8aa775.jpg

She's getting much better on finessing light lures and I knew she'd grab a bream soon, which she surely did and had her first taste of spirited little bream fighting.

0830ad4566ced24cb69c84958685fc81.jpg

After a rough few days at work, we headed to another bay on the parra for an evening session, I'd bought her some gulp grubs knowing she'd get more bites on them to keep her interested, I shouldn't have bothered! While I was rigging up she flicked out the zman grub left on her outfit and two flicks later the little sustain was zinging away! I took a step back rather than coddling her and instructed from a distance, and she fought and landed a very healthy 30 cm model! [emoji2]

88b27334ba54e8e7f4ee9d81df263a19.jpg

Over the next few days we had a couple of sessions and she's added quite a few species to her plastics list including whiting and tailor and more respectable bream.

73bbad2d278205d38d43369242c6eb58.jpg

Basically she was schooling me (for my ego I'm going to say it's because I spend my time rigging and unsnagging for her)

But needed a few solo sessions with some mates to get my groove back.

The parra has been kind to me lately with some fat healthy models coming in to 37 on surface, hbs and plastics. This one was a great test of my new ian miller t curve muscling him out of some pontoons.fd15fae0781e0e7bf80a0a1e5d529dca.jpg

A few more with a pb on surface and a mate with a bloody honker of a whiting at 41cmea8c1c2de7a37a15ef5ebfb8da33ff9c.jpg8769eb15bee9d4cdae99d9ad12d48895.jpg

Also had some weird catches lately as I attempt to land any form of pelagic (please fishraider help me!) Including a flounder on a halco twisty and bream on 5 inch jerkshads.

e44a5478d05a05fb9a600d9e46c6f603.jpg74ff41849231a9a450944f3824490637.jpg

Add about a million flatties to the list and the persistence wears thin but I'll keep on plugging.

Thanks for reading guys hope it entertained some of you.

Now I have to suss out a combo for her. ..apparently my "hand me downs" aren't good enough. I gave her a bloody nitro rod and a sustain....where do I go from there haha.

Cheers

Witha

Put a ring on that :clapping:

Haha I know right!

she is so cute and looks like a very nice girl , she also likes to fish!? are you in touch with reality boy? MARRY THE WOMAN!!!

Might have to take your advice mate! don't get any better! And she puts up with my crap so think I should make a move before she wises up!

Great report Witha! Tell her to join up and that mrsswordie is proud of her :)

mrsswordfisherman

Haha thanks Donna! I'll pass that on :) hopefully she will make an account so she will stop pestering me for always being on tapatalk [emoji14] She's a gem.

Thats hungry little breambo chasing the jerkshad! How's that whiting as well...

Mate fiesty little buggers at times!

Love big whiting on lures man they put up such a good fight. We've had quite a few larger models on big plastics too, they ain't shy!

I snagged a 25cm whiting on bait over the weekend and thought I did alright - that thing is a bloody monster!

Awesome to see your missus get stuck into it! Mines keen on fishing too but only wants bait... that she doesn't want to touch...

I snagged a 25cm whiting on bait over the weekend and thought I did alright - that thing is a bloody monster!

Awesome to see your missus get stuck into it! Mines keen on fishing too but only wants bait... that she doesn't want to touch...

ahhhhhh and THAT is why I use soft plastics and hard bodies - I hate touching smelly bait too :)

Ben, what a great read and unlike everyone else, don't marry her! She's way too good an angler for you! Lol. Seriously, that's awesome. You've taught her well and as a young couple what a way to spend time together at the waters edge of where ever you are!

Hope to see you both at the social. :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I hope you are bringing her to The Entrance social Witha :gathering::047:

I'll definitely be egging her on to come! She says Thank you for the encouragement!

Well done! Good effort from Mrs Witha!

Thanks Ed :) I'm sure your cookie monster will be smashing Mahi before she can walk!

Any whiting is a good whiting mate! haha it was a work in progress for a while I got lucky that she's not squeemish at all.

Ben, what a great read and unlike everyone else, don't marry her! She's way too good an angler for you! Lol. Seriously, that's awesome. You've taught her well and as a young couple what a way to spend time together at the waters edge of where ever you are!

Hope to see you both at the social. :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate! Smartarse [emoji14] I figure she'll keep me on my toes and improving haha. Gotta stay ahead for the sake of the aforementioned ego [emoji14]

Really is a great way to spend quality time together. Sunset on the water never gets old.

Living the dream mate welldone :)

Cheers man! Gotta try and get her hooked up to something massive and see how she goes haha

Well done mate, shes a natural.

Seems she has expensjve tastes in the gear department.

Thanks mate, she definitely does. The certate is her favourite....at least she can't whinge when I buy high end gear now [emoji14]

Very nice job on getting the GF interested and catching fish mate- definitely got yourself a keeper there. Any chance you could come and persuade mine to take up flicking SPs too? ;) Nice sized fish there as well- that whiting's a whopper!