Sharing this mornings sunrise with you 18 Feb 2015

snatcher

Great shot mate, perfectly captured one of those moments where you almost dont need a rod in your hand. Almost....

Cheers,

R

Thanks for that :sun: Took this one 20 Feb 2015,the next bay along. Its Cullercoats Bay. The building on the left is the Lifeboat Station. There are still a couple of lobster boats fish out of the harbour.

post-34124-0-47159000-1424642047_thumb.jpg

John

John, here's sunrise in south western NSW on 19th Feb and a few photos from later that morning. A Pacific Black duckling wanted the boat to be its Mum and a 53 cm Murray Cod...1 of 11 undersize ones caught that morning. I love the colours in the sunrise /sunsets too. post-20708-0-84768700-1424683349_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-04456000-1424683667_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-38848200-1424683872_thumb.jpgCheers, Neil

Three great pictures Neil :sun: As well as sunrise/sunset photography I enjoy the challenge of trying to photograph the stars,meteorites,lightening,Aurora Borealis. Here is an Aurora shot I took here in Whitley Bay Feb 2014. There has to be fairly strong sun flare activity in order to make the Aurora visible from my latitude.

post-34124-0-85911000-1424684734_thumb.jpg

John

Nice pic John. I wouldn't have thought you could see Borealis that far south. I have many of those interests, too. Have tried pics at night time but had little success so far. Incorrect equipment and insufficient knowledge being the main problems. Fairly flat where I live so horizon shots are always an option. Cheers, Neil.

Nice pic John. I wouldn't have thought you could see Borealis that far south. I have many of those interests, too. Have tried pics at night time but had little success so far. Incorrect equipment and insufficient knowledge being the main problems. Fairly flat where I live so horizon shots are always an option. Cheers, Neil.

Have had a "dabble" at star photography but that is all. When I was over staying at Abbey Beach south of Perth I did photograph the Southern Cross and Orions Belt. Will wedge them on here now :sun:

Southern Cross

post-34124-0-73613300-1424774591_thumb.jpg

Orions Belt

post-34124-0-30305300-1424774660_thumb.jpg

Orions Belt photographed from my home town Whitley Bay - I did not realise it was visible from both hemispheres !!!!

post-34124-0-79733100-1424774731_thumb.jpg

John

Had a go at photographing the Perseids meorites last year and discovered just how difficult it was !!!!! Took about 100 sequential 30' exposures and only managed 2 faint captures. Must try harder :sun:

post-34124-0-60475100-1425058643_thumb.jpg

post-34124-0-72269900-1425058684_thumb.jpg

Think I might try a higher ISO next time :sun:

John

Plenty of fish to be had in Oz, John. I'm sure you'll have a great time fishing this great country, mate. Neil.

Looking forward to my fifth trip over this year. Looking at coming over early Oct (based at Frenchs Forest) for a 3 month trip :sun: Would be nice to catch my first jewie this time. Anyone want to "babysit" a pommie barsteward in this quest ?

John

Looking forward to meeting and having a beer and perhaps a fish with you later in the year.

Thanks for the kind responses team. Looking forward to meeting and fishing with some of you when we come over. Also to renew some old aquantances :sun:

John

Looking forward to meeting and having a beer and perhaps a fish with you later in the year.

Careful Steve, having a beer with John is never just one, I speak from experience!

But hey, we will have to get him out when he comes out later this year, out to Browns, the Plonk Hole and the Peak weather permitting, love to see him on a big shark while you and I watch.

Or a big black stingray, say one of those monsters that measure around 6 foot across, he loves catching "Skate". One of those would have him skating all across the deck. I know where there are quite a few of them. (South Coast)

Onya John, looking forward to your visit and hopefully this year I will be able to host you to some memorable trips on my boat.

Cheers

Paikea

Careful Steve, having a beer with John is never just one, I speak from experience!

But hey, we will have to get him out when he comes out later this year, out to Browns, the Plonk Hole and the Peak weather permitting, love to see him on a big shark while you and I watch.

Or a big black stingray, say one of those monsters that measure around 6 foot across, he loves catching "Skate". One of those would have him skating all across the deck. I know where there are quite a few of them. (South Coast)

Onya John, looking forward to your visit and hopefully this year I will be able to host you to some memorable trips on my boat.

Cheers

Paikea

Sounds like a plan team :sun: Get me one this size and I will be happy.

post-34124-0-55303000-1426262642_thumb.jpg

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...