Home Made Marlin/tuna Teaser

offtap1

With heaps of time on my hands at home bored due to weather, (killed me not being able to take Boat out for only the third weekend in 5 months straight) I was asleep the other night dreaming of another Beakie or YFT as usual when a Teaser project popped in mind, Heaps of thought , 1/2 hours work and approx $15 later with extra gear to make a second one i came up with this, What do yous guys reckon. Not that im hard up to purchase a Genuine teaser, I have several Hundred dollers worth in Four quality Teasers already , but this seemed different and looks the goods i think, But maybe its the Fourth Bottle of Johnnie Red i just opened since Friday night Talking , Who Knows. Input Required Boys, Give it to me.

post-1870-1181471752_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1181471765_thumb.jpg

It is made using Alloy pipe of three different sizes, cut and drilled holes for tow lines, Front Pipe has been Modified to act as Bird Teaser, I have included a Cut and Turned in Section at Rear of each tube to create a bubble stream or smoking action as well as make them move around a bit, used a old Marlin 12" skirt at rear(No Hooks) , all up 3m long, Polished up Alloy and Clear coated, super light and can be stored in a Ice cream container. Tryed to represent Silver type bait fish being chased by Slimey or small Tuna. Im sure it will create a good spectacle with shiny chrome effect and Smoke stream to attract anything Pelagic. By the way i have a patent on this, so if i see someone else trolling one same wide of shelf be prepared to be cut off. :074::074::074:By the way only joking about being asleep and dreaming the other night as i dont sleep , just dream all the time :biggrin2:

Dave

Ahhhhhhh shiny , pretty mmmmmmmmmm nice :1prop:

Did you plug the front of the pipe or is it open ?

Do you thing the round bar will work on the bird

or will you need more of a wing ?

Did you consider drilling a hole 2/3 - 3/4 of the way

back to create the bubble stream if the fronts not plugged

I'm a sucker for DIY projects :biggrin2:

Chris

With heaps of time on my hands at home bored due to weather, (killed me not being able to take Boat out for only the third weekend in 5 months straight) I was asleep the other night dreaming of another Beakie or YFT as usual when a Teaser project popped in mind, Heaps of thought , 1/2 hours work and approx $15 later with extra gear to make a second one i came up with this, What do yous guys reckon. Not that im hard up to purchase a Genuine teaser, I have several Hundred dollers worth in Four quality Teasers already , but this seemed different and looks the goods i think, But maybe its the Fourth Bottle of Johnnie Red i just opened since Friday night Talking , Who Knows. Input Required Boys, Give it to me.

post-1870-1181471752_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1181471765_thumb.jpg

It is made using Alloy pipe of three different sizes, cut and drilled holes for tow lines, Front Pipe has been Modified to act as Bird Teaser, I have included a Cut and Turned in Section at Rear of each tube to create a bubble stream or smoking action as well as make them move around a bit, used a old Marlin 12" skirt at rear(No Hooks) , all up 3m long, Polished up Alloy and Clear coated, super light and can be stored in a Ice cream container. Tryed to represent Silver type bait fish being chased by Slimey or small Tuna. Im sure it will create a good spectacle with shiny chrome effect and Smoke stream to attract anything Pelagic. By the way i have a patent on this, so if i see someone else trolling one same wide of shelf be prepared to be cut off. :074::074::074:By the way only joking about being asleep and dreaming the other night as i dont sleep , just dream all the time :biggrin2:

Just another thought on your invention..And a nice piece of engineering it is too.

Ever thought of having the tube filled with Glo-Bait? And have a small hole to the business end so it slowly leaks out in a steady stream...Might be something to consider. Don't know if it would add anything to your already brilliant device.

Cheers,

Pete.

Dave

Ahhhhhhh shiny , pretty mmmmmmmmmm nice :1prop:

Did you plug the front of the pipe or is it open ?

Do you thing the round bar will work on the bird

or will you need more of a wing ?

Did you consider drilling a hole 2/3 - 3/4 of the way

back to create the bubble stream if the fronts not plugged

I'm a sucker for DIY projects :biggrin2:

Chris

No Left front open , thats why i turned tag in for flow threw, Also must mention Tag at rear pointing down which should push rear upward and with tow point at front of each pipe being at top and tow point at rear of each pipe being at bottom should give a good action, pulling against it self. Round bar on teaser should still work to create surface splash as when bird breaches water it will flick back and forth as bar comes in contact with water with flow under bar pushing bar back up when it first meets surface. ( All Theorie at this stage but sounds good Eh). Ill post a pic when i produce the goods next outing. :074:

Edited by offtap1

Dave,

put sandbags ascross the storm water drain out the front of the house, wait for the water to bank up and try it in there first!

If it works, I'll back it and we'll start mass production in China at the end of the year .... Wattos can market it!

Chris

It's just basic hydrodynamics of creating pressure points and the

reaction expected :074::074::074:

Force -> / pushes down

Force -> \ pushes up

:wacko::biggrin2:

Chris

Like i Said Thanks Chris55 :biggrin2:

Dave,

put sandbags ascross the storm water drain out the front of the house, wait for the water to bank up and try it in there first!

If it works, I'll back it and we'll start mass production in China at the end of the year .... Wattos can market it!

Im now spewing i didnt have production started last friday as saturday i had 6 inches of water flowing on road out front with no sand bags required. With Production in China theorie I really Want to keep production Aussie based but will talk over at general meeting sceduled soon. Stay Tuned. Man im bored :074:

Guest MRS WATTO

WHY DONT YOU START SELLING THEM AS OFFTAP TEASERS THRU WATTOS

I WOULD LIKE ONE PLEASE, BUT NOT PURPLE, MAYBE PINK

WHY DONT YOU START SELLING THEM AS OFFTAP TEASERS THRU WATTOS

I WOULD LIKE ONE PLEASE, BUT NOT PURPLE, MAYBE PINK

Like this one Clauds , this one is for my next build if first trial test works.

post-1870-1181482494_thumb.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pure Blondes with Pink Teasers, got to be happy with that combo

Guest MRS WATTO

Like this one Clauds , this one is for my next build if first trial test works.

post-1870-1181482494_thumb.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pure Blondes with Pink Teasers, got to be happy with that combo

PINK IS A GREAT COLOUR DAVE, IT REALLY WILL SUIT YOU DARLING AND IT WILL MATCH YOUR BOAT