Stolen Boat- Please Help If You Can!

g.t.

G'day Raiders.

I wish I was posting with happier news, but unfortunately I'm not as the as the title might suggest...

My brother's boat (pictured) was stolen 2 days ago from out the front of his house in Brooklyn. He is absolutely gutted as he's been gradually fixing it up over the last year and only just got it back on the water a couple of months ago. To add to his woes, my brother has been off work for the last 8 weeks having 4 separate eye operations to try and save his eyesight due to complications with his diabetes. Getting back out on the water was a light at the end of the tunnel he was really looking forward to.

post-4617-127994409588_thumb.jpg

post-4617-127994410438_thumb.jpg

post-4617-12799441162_thumb.jpg

Boat details:

Haines Signature 1750 C Half Cabin. White with red trim.

Rego- XF489N

Year- Approx 1985-88 (I think)

Motor- 80HP Mercury outboard

Trailer- Twin Axle Boeing Trailer with electric winch

I'm hoping that someone in the wonderful Fishraider community may see it turn up somewhere, and could please report it to Hornsby police (ph 02 9476 9799). Please keep your eyes peeled as this is a real kick in the guts that my brother didn't need. Regrettably the boat was not insured.

Thanks for reading!

Geoff.

Edited by g.t.

ducken filthy scum,

This is becoming a regular occurance.

Not good mate at all.

We as boat owners need to be alot more vigilant and secure our boats up.

Maybe a tracking device or alarm system like we have in cars may be the next step.

A concrete pair of shoes and a trip to the bottom of the sea bed is what is required for these low lifes.

Twin 1.

Mate this is terrible.

I really feel for you and your brother.

I will keep an eye out.

I keep saying it.

There is not enough legislation in to protect boat owners against rebirthing.

Its election time.

Bombard the pollies to stop with the green zones and start with changing the laws that allow people to register boats without proving that they bought them.

g.t, there has been a recent spate in boats "being borrowed" and not returned. Recently one of our club members had the same thing happen. He returned from holidays to find his pride and joy missing, and may i add not a mean feat to do so in his case, yet still it was done. Within a couple of hours news had reaches QLD and VIC do to community involvement. M8 i all i can suggest is post on as many forums as possible and if available use facebook. Hope she comes home safe.

In August there will be a new initiative on fishraider to do with vessel theft.

Watch this space.

mrsswordfisherman

I am excited yahoo.gif

Cheers Stewy

G'day Raiders.

I wish I was posting with happier news, but unfortunately I'm not as the as the title might suggest...

My brother's boat (pictured) was stolen 2 days ago from out the front of his house in Brooklyn. He is absolutely gutted as he's been gradually fixing it up over the last year and only just got it back on the water a couple of months ago. To add to his woes, my brother has been off work for the last 8 weeks having 4 separate eye operations to try and save his eyesight due to complications with his diabetes. Getting back out on the water was a light at the end of the tunnel he was really looking forward to.

Boat details:

Rego- XF489N

Mate I am really sorry about you loosing your boat. Will keep a look out for it.

I'm hoping that someone in the wonderful Fishraider community may see it turn up somewhere, and could please report it to Hornsby police (ph 02 9476 9799). Please keep your eyes peeled as this is a real kick in the guts that my brother didn't need. Regrettably the boat was not insured.

Thanks for reading!

Geoff.

Hi Geoff, Yet another one!ranting2.gif I have downloaded the pictures & details & will give them to the boys to keep their eye out. Your brother sure didn't need this on top of what he's going through at the moment. Here's hoping there is a good outcome in both for him.

Regards Jeff

I do know that a lot of people are financially tight these days, but this unfortunate event re-enforces the value of boat insurance. It really should be part of the cost of boat ownership and be factored into the budget along with rego for boat & trailer, fuel, tackle, bait etc. The reality is that comprehensive insurance on the older boats is NOT that expensive, and like car insurance, can be paid by the month. Just as an example, Tuffy is insured for an agreed value of $22000 and I only pay $37 per month.Pretty cheap considering I recently had to claim for about $5500 worth of damage.

Just my thoughts but please,don't take this the wrong way.I've had other things nicked in the past and it really does leave a baad feeling in your guts.

Russ.

G'day Raiders.

Boat details:

Rego- XF489N

Thanks for reading!

Geoff.

Hi mate,

The boys and I will keep an eye out as will every one that reads your post.

Unfortunately the laws in this country are wrong very wrong in relation to crime and punishment, you would be better off robbing a convenience store than messing up your tax return.

Let your brother know we are out there looking and listening, maybe someone will get lucky and we can start catching some of these mother lovers. :ranting2:

Take care champ.

Will definitely keep an eye out ... same thing happened to a mate just 4 weeks ago .. brazen theft of the boat and trailer .. unbelievable ... What's the protocol to follow if we see the boat ... is the Police we notify, or the MSB ... Does anyone actually have a story where the thieves got caught? Fingers crossed she turns up.

Some guys from sydney were busted earlier this year. They were taking the boats from the burbs and selling them in qld. In court they claimed to do it to feed there gambling addictions. They were not young guys if i recall correctly, 50s or something.

There does seem to be a hell of alot of it going around at the moment. The cops need to get some boats that they seize from drug dealers etc and leave them in highly visible locations with gps trackers and catch these guys in the act. Insurance is a must and so is a lo jack style system if you are going to be buying something 30 k plus. I remember when toyota prados were all the rage to be stolen. Lost 3 over 3 years though these were being shipped over seas it seems.

Really hope you find the boat, I know what it is like to go throught those operations as a diabetic had 3 myself and I was blind in the right eye now have it back thanks to a great surgeon, I wish your brother all the best and quick recovery.

hope she comes home safe and sound (the boat)

Cheeers

LA

Well done, it will be a very good section for fishraiders to browse occassionaly, and it will be talked about in the fishing community for fellow fishermen that occured this problem before or current, also i can see more people joining our site which may be the leading fishing site in nsw or even Australia. Maybe even boat insurances may have discount rates for fishraider members. This can lead to bigger and better for fishraider members.

Regards,

Cungee George.

Thanks George. This initiative is the first of its kind on an Australian fishing website and will be a strategic partnership in an effort to reduce vessel and marine related theft.

Watch for its launch in August, we have a couple of meetings to sort through some stuff then away we go.

Thanks for the support guys and girls :thumbup: . The overwheling response is a testiment to this great site and its great members.

We couldn't ask for more than to have so many experienced eyes looking out for the boat. Fingers crossed a miracle comes our way!

Thanks again,

Geoff.

Just a thought,

But a person who is so disrespectful towards other peoples property and capable of such an act would be lower than a snakes belly and deserving of being keyholed from the very boat that he or she stole - Dirty Harry style punk!

Good luck on finding the culprit and I hope this gives the Hornsby Police something better to do than sitting on the side of the road and handing out speeding fines...

Cheers,

Leatherjacket