Suggestion on where to take kids fishing

stoney

How old are the boys? Assuming they are youngish I'll suggest Clifton gardens. Nice place for Mum too if she wants to relax. Playground, Picnic tables,Toilets, showers lol beach and a real nice Jetty for fishing.

http://www.hellosydneykids.com.au/clifton-gardens-mosman-sydneys-best-beaches-for-kids/

Bear

Edited by Noo2OzFish

The parking is pretty expensive, so if you don't want to pay I suggest you park at the top of the hill just outside the gate and walk down.

richard

Yeah I never pay for the parking below. I drop off my son and gear and park on top. He's 15 going on 20 lol.. And good for carrying it back up the hill when the day is done.

Bear

Hi,

Plenty of places around Liverpool (Chipping Norton Lake), then down to East Hills (I take my kids to Fitzpatrick Park). My girls love going down to Carrs Park (near Kogarah). If you don't want to keep what you catch, try Cooks River (Tempe or the Kymeegah Boat ramp).

Happy hunting.

Cheers

Hodgo

Balmoral Beach is just by Clifton Gardens and is also a nice place to bring the family with the beach and some local shops for take away lunch and/or coffee. Fish off the jetty. It's my go-to spot for just about everything so highly recommended!

Balmoral Beach is just by Clifton Gardens and is also a nice place to bring the family with the beach and some local shops for take away lunch and/or coffee. Fish off the jetty. It's my go-to spot for just about everything so highly recommended!

Just wondering what sort of bait you would recommend and maybe rig set up would you recommend.

Thanks

Just wondering what sort of bait you would recommend and maybe rig set up would you recommend.

Thanks

Coles prawns and chicken breast has caught me everything there from bream to flathead, trevally, even salmon!

Bring a bit of bread and mix it up with some water and little pieces of bait and throw a small handful in every 10 minutes or so. Should get them going.

As far as rigs go a running sinker to swivel and 40cm trace should get you on to most bread and butter species there.

Coles prawns and chicken breast has caught me everything there from bream to flathead, trevally, even salmon!

Bring a bit of bread and mix it up with some water and little pieces of bait and throw a small handful in every 10 minutes or so. Should get them going.

As far as rigs go a running sinker to swivel and 40cm trace should get you on to most bread and butter species there.

thanks for the heads up will take my young bloke there and give it a try over the next few weeks

Thanks Mike89

• 1 month later...

Balmoral Jetty (not the U shaped one) is the way to go if your kids want a real blast too! ADDED BONUS: You could relax on the beach and there are plenty of trevallies too! They really fight hard on light gear btw.

Cheers, amberjack out. Fish On!