arvo lure session - Gladesville 29/5/15

Uni has been quite intense lately so haven't had a chance to go fishing for almost 2 months. After looking at reports and seeing a few people on instagram getting into the jewies lately I thought I'd go out for a quick flick. Third cast with the 4inch white atomic prong and I set the hook in a nice fish. Took half the spool of 14lb braid in the first run but it ran me over a rock. I loosened the drag and then actually free spooled it trying to set the line free but it wouldn't budge. Eventually pulled the fish closer to the weed or rock the line was stuck on, then twang! fish gone... devastated... Probably won't be able to get out for another fish for at least 2 weeks. That's fishing I guess

My guess is rat king or a jewie. I think I'd rather not know to be honest

went again yesterday morning to see if i could find that fish with my lure in its mouth. Hooked a king and got it within grabbing distance before the hook straightened. Heavier gauge jigheads next time! Pretty surprised kingfish are making it that far down the river. Anyone know why this is? Cleaner water? or more bait in the river since the trawlers are gone?

Oh no, not again.

The fish are further Up river

Yes to cleaner water , more baitfish, but more importantly, more Kingies.

No more kingie traps or prawn trawlers.

Definately look at heavier gauge jigheads.