Georges River breambos

jtp

Hi all,

Went for a fish this morning in the Georges River at Lugarno in the yak. Alarm went off at 430am but alas I snoozed till 6. Probably a bit too optimistic setting the alarm for 430. On the water a bit late at around 6:30 and was fishing the runout. Fished with sps only used the zman grub and squidgy prawn a bit lazy today. The prawn outfished the grub today 9 - 3. Was casting toward rocky oyster ledges and drop-offs. Managed 9 legal bream between 26 - 32cm and a few smaller models, a small flattie and whiting and a PB perch that went 39cm. At first I thought I was on to a big bream, kept diving below the yak and almost lost it at one point when it tangled into the keeper bag. Kept 6 bream for the table. Looks like the water has cleared up now.

Cheers,

Joe

post-11038-0-01215300-1432971847_thumb.jpg

post-11038-0-07372100-1432971900_thumb.jpg

post-11038-0-02568700-1432972209_thumb.jpg

nice work if you don't mind me asking where you using the 2 and half inch z man grub on about a one twelfth jig head?

thankyou regards tony

Hi Tony, was using 2 and a half inch z man grub on a 16th jig head but if strong current I do go up to a 12th but rarely need to where I'm fishing. Thanks Joe

Top perch there joe

Thanks Stewy!

Very nice man!

Starting to enjoy the Georges, looks like it's producing well this winter! Keep it up.

Shoot me a message if you're keen for some company on the yak :)

Thanks mate. Yeah Georges has been very consistent this autumn/winter, when it's not muddy brown haha. Sure thing man i'll pm you.

Good catch. Do you worry about loosing tackle casting into oyster outcrops? And do you loose a lot. That tends to worry me so I don't get close enough.

I actually seldom ever lose tackle when using soft plastics and casting into the rocks. If I do hit a snag which doesn't happen very often I paddle to my jighead without applying any pressure on the line and gently jig it in the opposite direction to unhook it, that way I don't damage my leader or the jig. I find you actually have to cast very close to the structure, within half a meter from the rocks/shore/drop off to get good results. Most of the hookups were in the first and second twitches from the sp hitting the water, so the fish were holding in very close. I think you have to find somewhere where the depth drops quickly, i.e, I wouldn't be casting into rocky shallow water and retrieving through a minefield if that makes sense. Thanks Joe

Edited by Joep