Fishing advice

AGonzalez04

Hello there,

I've recently gotten into fishing and have enjoyed it immensely. I love going out with my mates, the excitement and mystery involved within the whole fishing process. The problem is, I know close to nothing about anything of the technical side of fishing, and that is why I am asking for any help what so ever.

We use cheap, crappy rods and have ended up disappointing us by breaking and letting us down. What I am looking for is for someone to teach me all the ins and outs of rods, lines, hooks, sinkers, swivels, even up to the knots. To sum it up, pretty much everything. I would also like to know where are the best places to fish in sydney.

Any advice, tips or brands about anything will help heaps.

Regards

Aaron.

A good place to start is Fishing for Dummies (seriously). I used it when I started out and it helped considerably.

In general any fishing book helps, I also have "Australian fish and how to catch them" by Richard Allan, which is an amazing book.

As you progress you will gain tons of knowledge about everything including how to target specific species.

There are plenty of good fishing spots around sydney, it could help to state your location. Remember to keep them clean and follow size and bag regulations too

Well you have numerous ferry wharves around that area that are good for beginners. Not sure which though since I don't fish that area Though the government does not recommend eating fish west of the harbour bridge due to dioxins.

Maybe another start is to go to a nearby tackle shop to answer any questions you have