dav

Hi guys/gals,

Heading to Moruya for a 2 week hoilday starting on Monday :banana:. We will be fishing from a boat on the river mainly for flathead & bream, also hopefully to wade the flats for whiting. Just wondering if anybody knows of any top spots on the river that are 'hot spots' for flathead & bream. I'll say we will be mostly drifting from the bridge down to the mouth. We are also likely going to head to Tuross & Clyde river for some drifting, we have never fished at Tuross but have fished the Clyde river many times.

Cheers. :fishing1:

Moruya River has some fantastic flats down towards the mouth of the system, near where the rock walls are and the airport. Big weed beds abound down and targeting the edges of them with plastics or vibes is the way to go. Good schools of Whiting here too, great flats for throwing poppers around. Haven't been that successful with Bream though in Moruya, might be something to do with it being an active commercially fished river? Best bet is to take a drive along the road on the north bank towards the airport, you will see some great looking flats along the way and one of the boat ramps is down this way too.

Tuross is a much bigger system with a lot more options. Its a top spot for Flathead and Whiting in particular with extensive sand flats. I always find the best spots are the flats down at the front of the system, these are huge and you can spend all day fishing drop-offs and deeper water. The other spot I would start at is the Four Ways a bit further up. Good spot for Flathead and Whiting and the Oyster Racks hold plenty of Bream (although they are super spooky here). There has been a bit of a problem with Tuross the last few years and thats the weed, or lack of it more accurately. The weed beds seemed to have died off for some reason? Find weed beds, find fish so its always worth hunting around for some.

I will be at Tuross in a weeks time for 8 days. Will fish Moruya too and maybe spend a day south at Wagonga.

Cheers

Windy

Hey Dav,

Had an onsite van at South heads Moruya for about 15 years and fully agree with Matt's comments. Great flats down the front for flatties and whiting. If you're a bait fisherman, plenty of sand flats down there too to pump nippers.

You will get tailor and salmon up towards the breakwater too

I have had some success fishing just near the "hole" in the (south) breakwall for bream, but you will probably find you have to anchor just off the wall as the current can be pretty strong.

Four ways at Tuross is my pick also.

Just realized that you are probably there already...so hope you do ok.

cheers

Mullatt

Cheers guys for your input, very helpful.

We have caught a nice range of fish in the river,

reddies, bream, flathead & whiting.

This week we are heading to Tomaga river, Turros & maybe the Clyde.

Cheers.