rockfishing in the rain - northern beaches

toboggi

Hi all,

Hadnt been out fishing for a month now so the rain wasnt stopping me.

My mate and I met up at our preferred spot at 5:30am and decided not to clamber down due to the rain. Would have been too slippery.

Decided to hit curl curl rocks instead as we expected no one to be there. Was first time on these rocks and didnt know what to expect. Originally we were aiming for bream, drummer and blackfish.

Started burleying for about an hour and half not a nibble in sight.

Then in the space of 30 to 40 minutes my mate caught 1 black drummer (42cm), 1 silver drummer (42cm) and 2 x 35cm trevally.

He hasnt been on a whole lot of fishing trips but it was the biggest fish he caught ever and first time catching drummer. So great job by him.

I was left with a doughnut although we were using same rig and same bait (white bread). Not my day.

Anyway was stoked for my mate.

He was generous enough to give me the two trevallies for a feed. He took the silver drummer home but i did warn him that not many people eat it.

Thanks

Cheers,

Toboggi

post-30893-0-95770700-1406346635_thumb.jpeg

Top job. Who would of though curl curl. Was that south curl curl?

yeah was south curl curl...actually closer to freshwater beach near the carpark.

when we gutted the fish we could see all our burley in its stomach....so possibly heavy burleying brought them in

love to know what he thought about silver drummer after he ate it.

he steamed korean style with garlic, soy, chilli powder and sesame seed oil - he thought it tasted pretty good.

well done mate. what rig did u use?

both of us were using a floating rig - small float with braid onto swivel and then flurocarbon leader.

fishing at depths from 2m to 2.5m.

he steamed korean style with garlic, soy, chilli powder and sesame seed oil - he thought it tasted pretty good.

Lol you could steam a pair of thongs Korean style with garlic, soy, chilli powder and sesame seed oil and they would taste good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol you could steam a pair of thongs Korean style with garlic, soy, chilli powder and sesame seed oil and they would taste good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so true! haha he did say that if it wasnt for all the seasoning and sauce it may not have been as good