Jewfish @flint & Steel, Bate Bay Last Night

johnsparky77

Went for an evening Jewfish hunt on the Hawkesbury system with my mate Steve, caught a few livies and headed down to Fint and steel reef.

My mate Steve hooked onto a nice 3-4 kilo Jewie on the first cast! :1yikes: used locally caught squid...

Then Bang on the second cast using the same bait he hooked on a very large Toad fish at least 3 kilos! :074:

Thinking my baits arent workin :wacko: whats the go, then about half hour later Bang :yahoo: my rod buckles and onto something big... managed to pull it up to be a 4-5 kilo Jewie, now I was content we both caught a jewie each and anything else was a bonus :biggrin2:

Amazingly there were no pike eels stealing the bait and no sharks grabbing the livies we also had out!

No other boats were out there too (prob gettin ready for work the next day) so we had the pick of the crop when it came to choosing our spot....

Fished from 1800 to 2230 hours on the high tide, Jewies preffered the fresh squid

Cheers Sparky77

Edited by sparky77

can some one do me a favor and show me where abouts flint & steel actually is on google maps

my mate showed me but i thhink hes got it all wrong

he thinks its around the point near little wobby

thanks in advance i want me a big fat jewie too

nice work

We prefer to fish on the west side of flint and steel but only just west of it 20-30 metres and depending if its run in or run out tide (best at top of tide or bottom of tide)

Easier if you fish right off the point is also good about 50-60 metres off the land is a good starting point.

Flint and steel if not sure where it is on the southern side of bate bay and is the second outcrop/point berore turning into pittwater

The squid we managed to catch in botany bay prior at a spot which consitently reliable, but im aware they can be caught around pittwater so ive read, have to look into it.

Hope it helps you out...

Cheers

Edited by sparky77

• 2 weeks later...

Went for an evening Jewfish hunt on the Hawkesbury system with my mate Steve, caught a few livies and headed down to Fint and steel reef.

My mate Steve hooked onto a nice 3-4 kilo Jewie on the first cast! :1yikes: used locally caught squid...

Then Bang on the second cast using the same bait he hooked on a very large Toad fish at least 3 kilos! :074:

Thinking my baits arent workin :wacko: whats the go, then about half hour later Bang :yahoo: my rod buckles and onto something big... managed to pull it up to be a 4-5 kilo Jewie, now I was content we both caught a jewie each and anything else was a bonus :biggrin2:

Amazingly there were no pike eels stealing the bait and no sharks grabbing the livies we also had out!

No other boats were out there too (prob gettin ready for work the next day) so we had the pick of the crop when it came to choosing our spot....

Fished from 1800 to 2230 hours on the high tide, Jewies preffered the fresh squid

Cheers Sparky77

i caught a couple of those pesty fellas, one frigging chased me up the ramp at wombat caravan park on the hawsberry, i jumped for my life, frigging teeth on them :1yikes: and they hiss

Edited by Groper