HUMPS with FATHER INLAW

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

After heading to the humps a couple of weeks back with Teflon Ed my father in law has been busting my "you no what" to take him out & get him onto some SNAPPER as well ! With the break in the weather today I decided to take a day off work today & take him out this mourning as he's been retired for a couple of months & ITCHING to get out of the house (no offence to Mum in law ) so picked him up just after 8 (He's not as eager to get up early since retirement) & headed off to Yowie Ramp .After launching the boat we headed down to the Hump , it was a slow ride down due to the swell but we finally got there just after 9:30 . First drop resulted in an UNDERSIZE snapper , at least we were onto our target species (so we thought ) . Every drop after that resulted in cut lines & lost rigs , I thought it must be a plague of leather jackets but after a few re-rigs my father inlaws rods line screams off on the drop down & after a quick flick of the bail arm his ON ! After a quick fight he winds in a small COOTA !! He's wrapped & I was glad to see him having a Ball, but I was a bit disappointed & Expecting the worse ... And sure enough by the next couple of Hookups we were "DOOMED" nothing but small cootas & I mean they were everywhere , you could actually see them swimming around the boat ! We moved the boat a few hundred meters away & tried again to no Avail ... COOTAS EVERYWHERE !!! My father in law kept a few & after 4 hours of this it was time to start the slow ride back in . I was a bit upset that I couldn't get him onto a Snapper , But he had a Ball out there hooking up every drop & loved the day out .. Sometimes I forget how much fishing actually brings Joy to people no matter what they are catching & it was good to be reminded of that today !

post-34552-0-10689200-1440675797_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4myson

Good on ya Sasha! For those of us that fish regularly sometimes need to be reminded that just hooking up to a fish whether it's a target species or not enjoy the battle! Your father-in-law looks quiet happy, so mission accomplished!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest 4myson

I took it back to where I bought it & they were shocked to see it snapped ! So instead of replacing it with the same model they upgraded it for free ... I thought the Wilson Texalium were bullet proof , I've got two others spin rods that I've had for over 5 years & put them through HELL & never had any issues .. Looks like after reading up on a few forums , that particular rod are prone to snap between the 2nd & third guide ???? Maybe that explains the upgrade with No Questions Asked .... AWSOME !!!!!

Just got to get it Christened now .....

Guest 4myson

Good on ya Sasha! For those of us that fish regularly sometimes need to be reminded that just hooking up to a fish whether it's a target species or not enjoy the battle! Your father-in-law looks quiet happy, so mission accomplished!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks mate , soooo True !!!!

Guest 4myson

He ,He , Nah I didn't have Ed's secret burley mix this time . Maybe that was what Attracted the Cootas to area & scared the Snapper off.. ( Pretty Strong Stuff Ed) .... LOL ....

Guest 4myson

Ah well, at least your last one got one fish before it snapped!!

Yeh , just Spewin it snapped on my first outing with it !!!