looks good tommorrow

just had a look at the charts, tomorrow looks so good, check out the break directly east of syd heads about half way between the shelf and heatons, between the 6 and 8 on the image

20.5 to 23.5, altimetry and current is good there as well, could be all kinds of large beasts along that break

weather looks good as well, I don't think I can make it out there, got kid duty but I might try to drag my youngest son out and get him to drive the boat :)

good luck to anyone heading out

Peter

post-22587-0-75857800-1429841012_thumb.jpg

Guest no one

I'll be out using my new scent Blazers... Hope those tuna are biting. Got a real taste for sashimi right now!

Although tomorrow is another day I was out today water filthy out to 60 fathoms and not to bad all the way out past Browns, the better water was probably in 70-80 fathoms but very quiet. Not much was happening on the radio and didn't hear anyone get any marlin. Couple of sharks on the mountain, no dollies at all today, did a bit over a 100 N miles for 2 striped tuna and a couple of gemmies, it was pretty disappointing but it was better than being at work. Goodluck to anyone heading out tomorrow but I'd say it will be very quiet.

Cheers Steve

Watch out for debris particularly running out through the Harbour or Botany.

will do

what map source is that Peter?

rip charts

I'll be out using my new scent Blazers... Hope those tuna are biting. Got a real taste for sashimi right now!

good luck, hope you get some fish, we be out as well, I call in on 21 if we come across anything, we will probably spend most of our time around 10 mile east of the shelf where that break is just work the either side of the edge

we a got a few hook-ups almost exactly where I said around 12 miles east of the shelf

we hi-sped trolled from Sydney Heads at 15knots to little bit east of 12 mile where we found some fads, we slowed and put some smaller lures out and did a couple of passes for nothing, there was one boat on one of fads and they signalled they got nothing, so rather wasting time we left the hi-speed lures in and kept hauling to the about 10 miles east the shelf. We got there around 12,30 and water temp was 21, put the whole spread out there.

As we went east water temp started to increase and we started finding signs of life, bait on the surface, birds and we got one dollie around 3-4lb and a small stripped tuna, then we found it, a pretty hefty break, a decent current line a hard temp change of almost 2 degrees, went from 22 to 24 in places, tuna birds all along it.

I told Chad who was driving just work the edge of the break, something will show up. We mainly stayed on warm side of break and went back and forth in and around the same location. Around 3.30, we got a blind strike the rod just bent over hard.. About 10 minutes later we got a marlin strike, took a bit of line before it came unstuck, then either the same fish or another marlin was behind the lure on the rigger, another strike, it came off as well. We kept going, slowed the boat a little and as we picked up speed another hook-up this one stuck and it peeled off a few hundred metres of line, had him for 5-6 minutes and he came off. Oh well, it's still bloody exciting anytime you hook a marlin. We decided to start trolling back straight after the hook-ups, we were a fair way out and storm clouds everywhere. Pulled up the lures around 5 and hauled back in, we got caught in the thunder storm from hell.

Got video of hook-ups and the storm will post something when I eventually pull my finger out. :) Also we have been trying out a high speed version of one our lures, we trolled it at 15 knots for 2 hours and 25 knots at for an hour, it holds the water really well even at 25 knots.

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures