ANZAC Day 2015 - 100 years

hobbitt

Sutherland Shire Council finished a new Memorial at Menai in time for Anzac Day.

We have normally attended Sutherland. Menai is closer and a good friend was reading the Ode today, so naturally we attended Menai.

We left home at 5.15 for a 5 minute drive and were astounded at the traffic jam at Menai. So a quick u-turn and parked at Dan Murphy's followed by a quick walk, arriving with a couple of minutes to spare.

I ran the Australia Day festivities in Menai with Rotary for a number of years, and have had some great crowds.

The crowd in Menai Parc today took everyone by surprise. The respect and pride there this morning was just so emotional to experience. The service itself was a credit to the organisers and one of the nicest I have attended.

I have many ties to the day, including 9 years of personal service.

With the ranks of the WW1 & WW2 thinning, it is more important than ever that we remember their sacrifices. The sacrifices of conflicts after, and the conflicts that our personal currently serve in.

It is through their service and sacrifice that we enjoy the freedom and life that we have, and live in this beautiful country.

Lest we Forget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest 4myson

Well said Everyone !! No BETTER country on earth !!! It's days like this that I'm reminded how Grateful I am to be AUSTRALIAN !!!!

As a serving member I have to say that was the proudest I have felt marching in the city today.

Lest We Forget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I served from 77-86, full peacetime, close to the end of the Vietnam war, if I said we were less than appreciated, it would be an understatement !

Due to this it took me until last year to believe that I deserved the Service Medal and to apply for it.

I am so pleased and proud now to see the respect that it is shown to our Serving Men and Women. It brings a smile to my face every time I see someone in uniform at the shops, or sitting down at a Cafe having coffee....we would never go off base in uniform.

It is this respect, that also keeps our ANZAC memories alive, these sacrifices that were made, and will be made, must be remembered and recognised.

Well done Katoe, and I do know that feeling of Pride from a good march

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello Ian i was working over Neutral Bay on Wednesday and had a person from the form the Military walk past , And said hello to him i also got a hello back , Yes Ian the respect is always there in my books, Thanks for your services to all of us.