Last Two Sessions

Ryder

Trevor (hawkesbass) and I went out last Sunday to the upper harbour.

With a mixture of old and new weed we managed a few fish.post-33162-0-57681900-1429946775_thumb.jpg

I managed to scrouge a bit of weed for today, and headed to the lower harbour with Ben (Witha)

We have been trying for a while to get him his first blackfish.

There a few around, we were getting some tentative bites and follows by fish that wouldn't commit.

I got 1 into the net, followed by another that had a bit of go in him.

He went for a few runs, then swam thru the net of the swimming enclosure. He wouldn't come back.

Luckily Ben was able to reach him with the extendable net. ( pool scoop handle with a wilson landing net taped on)

We got the fish ,but I had to bust the line to get off the enclosure and my float was floating away.

I tried to net it but the tape gave way, and my shitty old net slipped off the handle a d sank to the bottom of the harbour. Some guys would be happy to see the end of that.

Ben got a good down and had the fish on for a while before the hook pulled.

I got another, and without the net I had to lift him.

Then Ben was on again , good fish, it took a few good runs and he played it like a pro.

He played him out on the surface, 38-40 cm fish, went for the lift and the hook pulled.

If only I didn't loose the bloody net, but we are counting that one.

We called it just before the storm came.3in the bag a few pulled hooks , bust off, lost net and one nice lost fish.

Guest hawkesbass

Tough conditions today.

Did better than me fishing in the boat it was very uneventfull.

They might fire up again when the harbour clears up

Cheers guys,

I was at my regular Drummoyne job yesterday. The water was like milk coffee. Visibility 1ft.

It was brown today down harbour, but improved to olive at the top of the tide.

So it's getting better.

Seamus what net would you suggest, I know you always hated Wilson. HAHA.Lpost-33162-0-82594100-1429955038_thumb.jpg

Today's catch I couldn't load it before.

Cheers guys,

I was at my regular Drummoyne job yesterday. The water was like milk coffee. Visibility 1ft.

It was brown today down harbour, but improved to olive at the top of the tide.

So it's getting better.

Seamus what net would you suggest, I know you always hated Wilson. HAHA.Lattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Today's catch I couldn't load it before.

get one of them Berkeley nets the one with the red handle the amount of fish I've had go through that hole haha

post-33162-0-48473500-1429955968_thumb.jpg

Seriously I feel worse for Ben, dropping the fish where the net should have been.

He said he had one in the car, I said no, we'll just lift them. D'oh.

Edited by Ryder

Haha mate I'm counting it! Figured I saw the down, didn't strike like I was trying to tear it's head off (again) and we only lost it due to...technical difficulties.

Your persistence teaching me the ropes is much appreciated mate and it was a great way to spend the arvo!

Hopefully it will clear up and we can grab some more :)

Witha