Tricks To Catch Carp

tam_hobbit

Just some quick tips for catching carp. i live in northern NSW near tamworth and or dam is full of them. So here are some tricks i use to catch them.

The best bait is just your normal caned baby corn or corn kernals on a 2o hook with a light sinker, works a treat lol.

Another trick is is you wanna have some fun bringing them in is use light line and tackle makes is so much fun.

Once you have caught them fillet them and use them as flat head bait after you have brind the fillets.

My biggest carp was 17kg so these tricks must work.

cheers tam_hobbit :1fishing1:

Yep I used the same process when I live down Albury way except I use a 7# fly rod with dry line weight forward, 6ft 10lb leader to a size 8 bait hold hook with 3 to 4 corn cornel

Works a treat have caught some monsters not sure how much the weighed but I have got at least 1/2 a dozen over a meter plus

They can be finiky buggers, I fish for them in a local lake and won't touch corn spose their used to the bread that people feed to the ducks.

In this lake I found that I have to use no sinker and dough for bait and yes their are great fun on 4lb gear. My biggest to date is 85cm.

Cheers,

Vic

Just some quick tips for catching carp. i live in northern NSW near tamworth and or dam is full of them. So here are some tricks i use to catch them.

The best bait is just your normal caned baby corn or corn kernals on a 2o hook with a light sinker, works a treat lol.

Another trick is is you wanna have some fun bringing them in is use light line and tackle makes is so much fun.

Once you have caught them fillet them and use them as flat head bait after you have brind the fillets.

My biggest carp was 17kg so these tricks must work.

If only I had seen this post a long time ago - my gf has been living in tamworth for the last 18months for work - as such have been doing a lot of travelling to tammos.. Would have been good to catch up for a fish when I was up there - Unfort the gf is back next wed for good.

Cheers

Steve.