A morning on the George's with a surprise

michael2203

G'day raiders,

Yesterday I got up at sparrows with the intention of heading to Illawong where I've head some success recently. So after a short drive and dodging several coppers out and about I get to my spot to find that some moron has dumped several skip bins right on the foreshore blocking access. So annoyed :mad3::mad3::mad3: . I took a photo and have lodged a complaint with the local council.

Anyway, so I headed to Woronora (west side) but got no bites or anything. After 1/2 an hour I packed up shop and left.

Another favourite spot of late has been Fitzpatrick Park at Picnic Point/East Hills, so I headed there in there in the hope of access and action. First cast started with some bites, so I knew they were there. Over the next few hours I picked up 3 bream (1 legal) and a Ludderick which was my first ever!! :banana::banana::banana:

The last bream was interesting. I decided to call it a day and head home for brekkie. I left one rod in while I packed up. As I have lifted it up to wind it in...CHOMP! A guy in a kayak who was floating by at the time watched on with interest as I hauled him in as he put up a good fight.

Tomorrow's plan is to get back up early and head to the cooks for a crack. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Hodgo

Ive fished fitzpatrick park many times. Its not too bad at times but Im not a fan of the thick seaweed that is clumped along the banks of fitzpatrick
Nearly every time you reel your line the weed seems to smother your tackle.

Ive fished fitzpatrick park many times. Its not too bad at times but Im not a fan of the thick seaweed that is clumped along the banks of fitzpatrick

Nearly every time you reel your line the weed seems to smother your tackle.

Yes it can be a pain. The spot I've found isn't too bad though.