Poor phone reception

rockfisherman

Hi raiders

If you are currently having reception problems in the western suburbs that last pretty much all day, complain to your network provider.

I was offered 50% off my next two bills at first, but after realizing how bad it really was, I called the communication embudsmen and made a complaint, the argument being I make and receive 30-50 calls a day for work, if I'm paying for a service they can't provide that's not fair.

I tried to get out of my contract so I could switch to telstra, but I was told because the poor reception is due to upgrade work it dosnt warrant breaking my current contract even though these works have been going on for about 2 weeks and will continue for another 2 weeks.

In the end I got my next 2 bills at no cost.

I contacted the ombudsmen a couple of years back, I managed to break out of my contract and joined Telstra.

Couldn't be more happier. I've been all other carriers, they really do all suck compared to Telstra.

What's more funny, most people automatically assume Telstra is expensive... its not... I pay $50 for $400 of calls and text and 1gig data - and here's the kicker, 1gig data that I can actually USE! :074:

cheers.

I was lucky, I told my old provider that I was going to contact the ombudsman and knew they were in breach of contact and they changed their tune very quickly. Telstra is much better in my opinion and actually works IN my house at Ryde.

Cheers Leo

Well here it is, the result I was looking for, my contract has been lifted, after enough badgering, that being 3 calls to the telecommunication ombudsmen and the same to the telco's resolution team, they conducted a report of my phone activity, and they discovered , yes fishing phase was telling the truth, his reception is rubbish.... they lifted my contract.

Power to the people.

Every time you call the ombudsmen. Te telco get fined 140 dollars. So they pretty much hate you calling for complaints. So if you have any problems that the telcos can't solve to your standards. Just keep reporting it back to the ombudsmen

Every time you call the ombudsmen. Te telco get fined 140 dollars. So they pretty much hate you calling for complaints. So if you have any problems that the telcos can't solve to your standards. Just keep reporting it back to the ombudsmen

You know its a shame there isn't an ombudsman for housing and rental complaints. Only option there is to make a complaint to the department of fair trading which then costs you $36. Ridiculous that you have to pay a fee to lodge a complaint against a real estate agent :ranting2: . Much better system for telecommunications. And sorry for being a bit off topic...

You know its a shame there isn't an ombudsman for housing and rental complaints. Only option there is to make a complaint to the department of fair trading which then costs you $36. Ridiculous that you have to pay a fee to lodge a complaint against a real estate agent :ranting2: . Much better system for telecommunications. And sorry for being a bit off topic...

I've had similar experiences, let them know you'll be looking for another agent as soon as the contract expires. If they're a half decent agent, they'll act immediately, if not you switch. I had every agent wanting my business, you gotta stop them from taking control and pretty much lay down the law!

I too had problems with my previous provider. I complained until I got a result. After requesting to speak with their retention team, they offered me 50% off for 6 months, with a provision in the agreement that if the service hasn't been fixed in 6 months, I can either get out of the agreement, or continue at the 50% off rate. Now I'm with Telstra, and I'm happy but they have a weird voicemail system.

We have consumer laws in place that require a product or service be of merchantable quality, and fit for purpose... my last provider was either, so they got the flick.

Mick

Speaking of sh!tty service, Telstra went down today lol :ranting2: My work place is back up, but home adsl is still down :1badmood:

EDIT: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/internet-crashes-for-telstra-customers-20120223-1tpqq.html

My adsl is up so I'm happy :biggrin2:

Edited by The Incredible Hull

Speaking of sh!tty service, Telstra went down today lol :ranting2: My work place is back up, but home adsl is still down :1badmood:

EDIT: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/internet-crashes-for-telstra-customers-20120223-1tpqq.html

My adsl is up so I'm happy :biggrin2:

Had similiar problems with TPG over 2 months, had a few complaints to the TIO, as for 2 months my service was out. Full refund and didnt pay for the next 2 months service after it was fixed. Sometimes it pays to keep on annoying the telco carrier, but sometimes they keep annoying you with calls that the service has been fixed, we need to speak to your building manager about access to the MDF, its not our fault, we rent our lines off telstra so its there problme, blah blah blah,,,,,, its a very frustrating situation but one thats worth it especially when your paying for a service that is sub-standard.

Dan