PB Wild Bass

iMick

I didn't know they still swam the horses from Warwick Farm in the river, one just couldn't resist taking a bite at my Peanut Butter and Jelly 2" PowerBait Grub.

All jokes aside, this specimen of a Bass stripped some line off my little Certate 1003 with 6lb Sunline with brute force, she hit the lure like it was her last feed.

I was being punished.....punished for fishing light tackle for Black Bream in very Bassy looking water. Nick, with net in hand ready, seen some Bronze and called it for a monster flatty, moments would pass while I bridled this mare to the boat, and her true identity would become known.... a cracking wild Bass.

At a whopping 48cm, this girl made my day. Photos just don't do it justice, it looked like a football. Fishing was very slow, water still very murky.

Mick

post-10586-068932200 1332756782_thumb.jpg

post-10586-051128800 1332756807_thumb.jpg

Edited by iMick

Great bass makes even slow days worth it

Thanks, all it takes is one good one to have a good session.

:1yikes: That's awesome Mick. That Bass looks like she has been in a good paddock.....I can't believe the bass get that big in the upper Georges.

Thanks, I got lucky she bolted about 3 meters away from a submerged tree and made a left turn, she would have done me over if she wanted to, for about 30 seconds she was in control. I've been done over there before, it burns for weeks, but today was my day.

Edited by iMick

Mick, I had written off the upper Georges for the next couple of weeks due to the amount of rain and the colour of the water (still very brown around Kelso Beach & Voyager Point)....how wrong was I :wacko: ..... I expect to get a pm from Bassboy expressing his frustration at not trying the upper Georges or Wonny for Bass & EP last weekend, as he is desperate to catch an urban bass. We might need to get both of our Stessco Basstrackers out into the upper Georges and work the Bass and EPs in the near future.

cheers Paul

PS - I reckon you will have a good crack at COTM with that fish.

Edited by Basscatcher

Mick, I had written off the upper Georges for the next couple of weeks due to the amount of rain and the colour of the water (still very brown around Kelso Beach & Voyager Point)....how wrong was I :wacko: ..... I expect to get a pm from Bassboy expressing his frustration at not trying the upper Georges or Wonny for Bass & EP last weekend, as he is desperate to catch an urban bass. We might need to get both of our Stessco Basstrackers out into the upper Georges and work the Bass and EPs in the near future.

cheers Paul

PS - I reckon you will have a good crack at COTM with that fish.

Any time mate, I'm off work weekends and keen to fish. There are EP schooling there too, I caught two to 32cm on Saturday.

You and Bassboy will love it up there, there is chance of a 50+ Bass there, and you can go for a Jew too on the tide change, I got a 50cm soapie a couple of months ago there.

I got lucky hooking her in the side of the mouth, it allowed me to turn her left as she bolted for the tree.

I hope I'm a chance for the COTM fingers crossed.

Mick

DAMN thats a good bass, if theres one thing i am missing at the moment its catching bass. they sure do strip line! Good to see such a healthy fish from the georges river :thumbup: thats a great fish for COTM.

Thanks mate, she made my week. After donuts in the Dams of late, i needed a good one. I still can't believe how much drag pressure she pulled.

Mick

That is one cracker bass! Congrats!

I often stay at my girlfriends place (that's next to the water) and never really though about fishing that area thinking it was mainly filled with mullet.

Might have to polish the kayak and go for a fish after work sometime?

Thanks for the report and photos

That is one cracker bass! Congrats!

I often stay at my girlfriends place (that's next to the water) and never really though about fishing that area thinking it was mainly filled with mullet.

Might have to polish the kayak and go for a fish after work sometime?

Thanks for the report and photos

Thanks mate, it's a great system, sadly one of the first places to cool down, and shut down in the middle of winter, so get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.

Congrats Mick, great fish.

Just curious how the new reel performed?

Thanks mate. I couldnt be happier with the reel, eats my Jap made Sustain 1000. The drag is so smooth, such a gradual application of pressure with no drag pressure spike or stickiness.

I've fished with a Stella 1000, which was lovely to use, but I'd be just as, if not happier using this Certate. Love the shallow spool.

That drag is what helped land me that Bass, just the right amount of pressure. I would buy one again, and do recommend them.

Gun bream reel.

Mick

Edited by iMick

cracker fish mick theres ganna be some big girls around now

Thank you. I reckon you're right, BIG fish in the next month.

Hey Mick, great fish. I've been trying all season to pull a fish like that out of the upper Nepean and haven't even come close. Well done.

Thanks mate. Big fish happen like that when you least expect it, going for Bream... got smashed by a Big Bass, go figure. Keep trying in the Nepean, it holds crackers.

oOh! nice bass there mate, remeemed yourself after dohnuts at the juck and windy, well have to go out soon, i need to blood that saros 1000 of mine on a horsey.

btw

easter, few yellas goin round.

peace

That's right it was just outside my place

That's right.

oOh! nice bass there mate, remeemed yourself after dohnuts at the juck and windy, well have to go out soon, i need to blood that saros 1000 of mine on a horsey.

btw

easter, few yellas goin round.

peace

She was very fun to catch. Yep day trip to Burrinjuck Easter weekend, target species Cod. Hopefully conditions have improved

• 5 weeks later...