Catherine Hill Bay

brettmann86

hey raiders,

just randomly scrolling over the coast in google maps and happened upon catherine hill bay,

looks like a good spot to wet a line anyone know anything bout the area?? theres a large wharf i can see are you allowed to fish of it?? thinking bout a "work" related outing next weekend :yahoo:

Off the rocks to the right of the beach we use to get good kings and I once got a school Jew there. My mate lost a 70cm plus snapper right near the edge. Hell of a walk from where you park your car but worth it. Watch for brown snakes in summer.

Mick

Don't know too much about the fishing there but I used to scuba dive there years ago.

That long wharf thing that you can see is a coal loader and you are not allowed to fish off it, which is a shame as there are some great fish under it :D

ive fished off Catherine hill bay heaps of times its a good fishin spot for LBG and bottom fishing. There are 2 bays which you fish on the southern side of Catho its a bit hard to explain how to get to the spots but once shown its easy PM me if you wana orginise a trip up there. The northern side rocks of catho is shallower and is more suited to blackfish,drummer,bream and trevalley fishin but they do get the odd king over there too

I live not far from Catho Bay, please get to know the area/rocks etc before you fish there and do not fish the rocks at night, even the locals know better.

Yes 5 people lost there other week and a man last Monday was saved by a surfer after coming unstuck on the rocks while fishing.

Cheers,

Leo

Hey fella's

nah not fishing the rocks wanna do some beach fishing, just wanna know which areas to hit... beach fishing is relaxing but rewarding.. may one day again go out on the stones but for now i've set some targets to get from the beach...

just curoius about the area as it looks decent from the maps..

should have specified i'm doing beach fishing..

shame about those guys off the rocks though. when will people learn...

Anywhere along the beach there is good, northern end is ok and between wharf and rocks for squid and other fish. Soldiers Pt Beach is great fishing, just go to end of Soldiers Pt Rd and park in carpark, some great gutters there and big jew have been caught there.

Cheers,

Leo