Setting up a new boat

jeffb5.8

Hi All

So my new boat arrived and now I need to set it up with all the little things you need and forget about then regret when they are not there.

1. Safety gear (as required and more)

2. Tools (shifter. Pliers. Side cutters, spark plug tool)

3. Spray jacket / spare sunnies

4. Toilet paper

5. Rags

6. Bucket / hose / Sponge (when away I have the basic to clean it)

7. Tackle boxes

What have I missed or what is your must have

Edited by jeffb5.8

Hi Jeff. Congrats on your new boat. How about some pictures? What are you going to be using it for (mainly)? #6 don't forget "ears" for flushing the motor.

Also keep all the tools in waterproof containers to prevent rust and wd40 or similar. Live bait tank? Battery charger for when you travel away? Cheers.

Congrats on your boat mate,she's a beauty.

This is what I carry when on a trip and have never been unable to get myself or others out of a pickle.

Alot of these items are for my ute and boat and some are brand new whilst others are used like the sensors,radiator hoses etc but in working order all stored in a plastic lided tub.

You may think it's overkill and probably are right but when that xxxx hits the fan along way from home on a cold wet night you wouldn't swap it for a million bucks.

As for your boat off the top of my head I can think of hand wipes,cable ties,spare plugs,spare prop,fuses,tie wire,electrical wire,electrical tape,Globes for trailer,rubbish bin,and the list can go on and on and on as at some stage all these things have been handy to have whilst other are rarely used but good to have.

If I keep adding to my arsenal I'm Gonna need a bigger ute.lol.

SPARES I CARRY:

1:Haynes work shop manual

2:Radiator&heater hoses/thermostat/radiator cap.

3:Vacuum/fuel line.

4:Drive belt/s.

5:Ignition leads/coil/plugs.

6:Map,Cam,Crank sensors.

7:Relays/bulbs/fuses.

8:Fuel injector/Fuel filter.

9:Oil filter/Air filter.

Tools/Miscellaneous

Hammer,pliers,side cutters,vise grips,shifter,socket set,Allen keys,Torx bits,air compressor,electrical tape,duct tape,electrical wire,cable ties,wire,paperclips,electrical terminals,multi meter,torch,gasket paper,scissors,sharpie,jumper leads,silicon,wd 40,engine oil,brake/clutch fluid,power steering fluid,coolant,electrical terminals Crimpers,hose clamps,chocks,spare hub/bearings,winch strap,brake pedal depressor,emery paper,bottle jack,wheel brace,axle stand.

Edited by Fab1

- ropes

- sea anchor

- spare fuses

- I haven't done dual batteries, so jumper pack

- waterproof iPhone case (boat wise, navionics & marine rescue apps are excellent)

- sunscreen

- insect repellent

- first aid kit

- spare bung

- emergency knife

- fenders

- garbage bags

Edited by raging

Thanks for the pics Jeff. Whatever you take YOU need to be comfortable in the Knowledge that you and your crew will be safe and enjoy your time on the water. Good luck mate. I for one will look forward to seeing some reports of good fish coming aboard. Cheers, Neil.

Thanks Big Neil, Raging and Fab for the list, certainly items in there I will put in.

Spent today packing a range of items into it, now I will add a few more things from the above.

Before tomorrows inaugural launch and shake down run unless the weathers bad then it will be the next sunny day which looks like any day during the week.

Cough cough might be sick on Monday and Tuesday.

Edited by jeffb5.8

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking afternoon and evening on the harbour, kids had a ball, boat went well, the launch and retrieve were text book, no wind and great view.

No fish to report but it was more about sight seeing and cruising this time.

af779d46a324be78d07cd7f02c507d6c.jpg

113d1e07f3ec34f415e23734e4543ac0.jpg

Cracking afternoon and evening on the harbour, kids had a ball, boat went well, the launch and retrieve were text book, no wind and great view.

No fish to report but it was more about sight seeing and cruising this time.

af779d46a324be78d07cd7f02c507d6c.jpg

113d1e07f3ec34f415e23734e4543ac0.jpg

Glad all went well for you.The smiles on the kids faces says it all.

Cheers.