Ulladulla Trip

Grug85

Hi All,

I am heading down to Mollymook for 2 weeks after Christmas and taking the boat down for the first time to launch from Ulladulla.

Keen to target Snapper and summer pelagics on the inshore reefs around Ulladulla in anywhere from 15-70m of water.

Anyone who knows the area well care to share any tips or gps marks? I know there are several posts up here with marks but im having trouble working out which ones are easily accessible from Ulladulla and what species to target or techniques to use at each.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Hi mate, I'm no local but the last time I fished there was October long weekend. I run navionics on my pad and use the marks that are on there, also too the Marine rescue app has some marks that are close to Ulladulla.

Lives not sure, but there's plenty of weed and kelp in the harbour, squid maybe. Outside I used some frozen squid and pillies.

Everywhere we dropped a line, fish were caught. Flatties, snapper, mowies, and barracouta.

Pick a mark with some contour lines and you should be fine.

Hope that helps. Enjoy

Thanks for that Traktor.

I use the Navionics app as well, its bloody awesome! I did notice a few marks on there so I will give them a go (its annoying that the marks disappear when you zoom out, have to do a lot of panning around to find them).

Didn't know the marine rescue app has marks, I will check it out.

Good to hear you were getting fish anywhere and everywhere, looks like there are plenty of drops and peaks in the area to try.

To say I am keen is a massive understatement!

Thanks again

With the marks you have on navionics, all you need to do is drop a pin on them and you will no longer need to zoom in or out. That will at least give you a good reference point when you are zoomed out and traveling at speed.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Navionics is really good. Some points I want to review however I'll use the desktop version first to do some scoping first. Then I'll do the drop pin trick on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ric001

What livies do you want? I live at Ulladulla and get my mullet at Narawallee Inlet which must be very close to where you are staying. I'm stuck on shore, landbased, and only fish the beaches, lakes etc. But best place to put your boat in would be the ramp on the north side of the harbour, behind the rock wall. Good luck!

Thanks Holls. I was thinking yakka or slimies. I know that inlet, have fished there in previous trips. I was thinking of using the ramp on the north, looks like more parking available. Is there much difference between the two ramps?

The north ramp is steeper which was good for me as I have a 4wd and low range. It gets slippery at low tide and if your boats heavy ...,,, the southern one is a slow gradual one that is a lot busier but the wharf is better there.

Cheers

Thanks Holls. I was thinking yakka or slimies. I know that inlet, have fished there in previous trips. I was thinking of using the ramp on the north, looks like more parking available. Is there much difference between the two ramps?

Seems like a lot of the boats use the north ramp, yes plenty of parking, well protected and good fish cleaning tables right there.

• 3 weeks later...