squid sesh turned king sesh

Krispy !

Hey Raiders knocked off work at 530 so I pre planned to have an arvo squid session. Arrived on location and the tide was running out, abit of wind but it was very fishable. After an hour of nothing I changed jig to a black yamashita and first cast I got a squid take, was only a palm size calamari but as I was bringing it in I saw 3 kings swoop underneath it. Change of tactic, luckily I always have hooks with me, quickly took the jig off and tied on a smallish livebait hook, gave the squid a piercing in the tip of the hood and lobbed it out. Kept the bail arm open whilst I was fixing up my tackle bag and when I turned around line was already flying off the spool. Quickly closed it and came up tight, reel was buzzing but gave him some stick and had him turned quick, went for another couple runs in close then up he came, no net so had to reach down and grab old mate. Went 70cm and was a fat fish. I cant seem to get away from these kings lol even when im targeting something else, cant complain :D

post-11865-0-71726000-1448963869_thumb.jpg

Tried for more squid without luck so packed it up at 730

Well done Krispy,

I pity you lol, sounds like you had a better day then me today I think I need to work less and fish more lets see what the boss has to say about it LOL

Nice kingie by the way a fat fish indeed.

Regards,

Nathan

Thanks Nathan, yeah my work to fishing balance is around 30% fishing atm and its driving me crazy hahahaha

The ultimate bi-catch :banana:

It sure is :P

I wish I had your "bad" luck!!

hahaha my bad luck is pretty bad, just a warning

Nice work.. Harbour based?

yup harbour

One word AMAZING

thanks ozcar

Awesome story, love it when you get a session with a twist.

Something similar happen to me at rosebay. I was squidding and had a couple of small calamari, put one out, only difference is I got smoked :)

Yeah theres actually a lot of big bruisers in between the smaller ones atm, theyre very hard to stop

This makes me hate my life

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

please don't :(

Well done Krispy. Adapt and win.

You don't state but would be a good teatime feed.

Thanks Steve, yeah it came home currently firming up in the freezer for some sashimi tommorrow

I think we should rename you the King-Magnet!

Good work again Krispy

Thanks fragmeister, if I change my name to king magnet whats the bet I wont catch one ever again

Well done King Krispy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

thanks rock n beach

Guest Guest123456789

Must have been good sport on the squid gear well done. good effort keeping the fish away from structure if there was any.

That's so great, Well done Krispy

Thanks Stimo!

Must have been good sport on the squid gear well done. good effort keeping the fish away from structure if there was any.

Cheers flathead luke, yeah there was a fair bit of structure but its all about how you angle the rod to keep them out

My squidding outfits are light, like bream gear. Must've been a fun fight. Well done.

Thanks royboy, was on 10lb so not super light but still good fun

Amazing work on the kingies yet again Krispy, I might need to give the squidding another shot: the kingfish have been turning their noses up at just about every lure imaginable round my neck of the woods recently.

Thanks adamski, theyre very picky with me too, been snubbing a lot of lures lately with liveys being the best option

Nice one Kareem, you are still coming up with the goods even with a dodgy ankle. Well done mate.

Thanks Pete ! hahhaha not much gets in the way of me and fishing :P

Good work Krispy, another king.

Thanks yowie :D

Hi Krispy, did u say that was syd harbour just wondering

thanx anyway

oscar

Yup was in the harbour