Fishing Currarong Jervis Bay

rookiemistake

Hey I'm heading to a place called Currarong near Jervis Bay does anyone know weather there is good fishing there or has been fishing there before if so what fish can be caught, where can they be caught and how should I fish for them. Also does any one know of any good fishing charters in Jervis Bay?

Thanks for the advice :)

Hey I'm heading to a place called Currarong near Jervis Bay does anyone know weather there is good fishing there or has been fishing there before if so what fish can be caught, where can they be caught and how should I fish for them. Also does any one know of any good fishing charters in Jervis Bay?

Thanks for the advice :)

pm?

Personal message. It is sent to your in box. There is an envelope in the top right hand corner and will have a red box with a number in it if you have a message.

It is also against site rules to post any charter information other than site sponsors.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Your post is fine. You can ask for charter information but can only receive information via pm.

As for currarong, I fished it a few times many years ago. For memory, we went through town and to the right where there's a small park. There's walking tracks to the headland or you can walk along the rocks. We fished from the stones and used unweighted peeled prawns for some bream, luderick and drummer.

That's about all I remember!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Be aware , around Currarong & JB certin parts are Marine parks so Google MP & click onto JB marine park to see which are the restricted areas.

At Currarong , there are two boat ramps , one in the creek , behind the caravan park but is ony usable / accebale from about 2 - 3 hours each side of high tide.

The other is a few hundred meters on the north side of the small shopping area.

Geoff

Not sure on street name but it is sign posted, if you are looking at the sea you head right to the open water and the rock break wall will be on your left.

You will see the other boat stay in the channel for a while then cut left to the open water.

We were fishing out of a boat.

• 2 months later...

If you're not experienced stick to land based for Currarong, head off rocks or beach. The ramp on ocean side is not concrete, and as earlier mentioned if you don't know the reef it has numerous hazards. The creek ramp is fine but access to open water can be highly dependant on depth of creek and swell at creek mouth. Mermaid's inlet a half hour walk and can catch anything off rocks there.