Kingies

gregh1

I used to have a pretty long leader and saw on al mcg's videos he uses a really short leader (approx 30-40cm only) and changed to that, far less tangles under water and impoved catch rate. Might depend how your fishing though. I run a large round sinker to big barrel swivel off the braid then leader when I am live baiting a yakka as its easier to set tue depth for it, if I'm using stripped squid ill usually run a lighter bean sinker but everything else the same, again with a shorter leader has worked a lot better.

I think it depends on where you are fishing and for what size king.

If im off the wharf and theres lots of structure i go heavier and longer (up to 2M) in case they wrap me around a pylon, off the boat i generally use around 1M .

Would be interested to hear other thoughts.

Cheers

Andy

Theres kingies south of the hacking, rats mostly (55-60cm) but they have been taking pilchard floaters in a burley trail (targeting snapper), we had a great session last Sunday with consistent double hookups on light gear lasting throughout the morning tide change.

Theres kingies south of the hacking, rats mostly (55-60cm) but they have been taking pilchard floaters in a burley trail (targeting snapper), we had a great session last Sunday with consistent double hookups on light gear lasting throughout the morning tide change.

How far south you talking? Might head there on Saturday morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck guys,

trolled around Jibbon for a while, sent down some nice squid baits. I couldn't even mark fish.

headed back inside to a spot I know and got a couple of 2 bream, 2 groper and a trevally.

Trip was a success because my mate from bali caught the most fish including a hard fighting trevally on bream gear.

No luck in Broken Bay on Saturday!

We headed out from Pretty Beach and stopped at Ladders to get some yakkas. There were plenty of boats anchored and pulling in heaps of them. We stayed there for around 45 minutes and ended up with about a dozen good size yakkas in the live tank.

We headed over to Lyon Island and anchored but all we could manage was to get caught on the reef and had to keep rigging up again.

We decided to head out further and try our luck. The swell was around 1-1.5 mtr. We ended up stopping around 1km off Lyon and put out 1 yakka with no lead, 1 with lead and one under a balloon. I looked over at my daughter and she was starting to look a bit pale and as the day continues so did she continue to look worse. We probably sat there for another 30 minutes but it was time to head back to more settled water as the young one was starting to look green by now.

It was still a great day on the water. Next time we will have to remember the motion sickness pills!! Does anyone know if they actually work?

Next time we will have to remember the motion sickness pills!! Does anyone know if they actually work?

Blue Travacalm - take 20 mins before you're in the water (but dont drive in that time as they can make you a bit fuzzy). Work really well. If you're already feeling sick dont take them as you'll just throw them up.

Blue Travacalm - take 20 mins before you're in the water (but dont drive in that time as they can make you a bit fuzzy). Work really well. If you're already feeling sick dont take them as you'll just throw them up.

I use kwells and caffeine tablets combined together, works perfectly. Avoid dairy products as makes it worse

No luck in Broken Bay on Saturday!

We headed out from Pretty Beach and stopped at Ladders to get some yakkas. There were plenty of boats anchored and pulling in heaps of them. We stayed there for around 45 minutes and ended up with about a dozen good size yakkas in the live tank.

We headed over to Lyon Island and anchored but all we could manage was to get caught on the reef and had to keep rigging up again.

We decided to head out further and try our luck. The swell was around 1-1.5 mtr. We ended up stopping around 1km off Lyon and put out 1 yakka with no lead, 1 with lead and one under a balloon. I looked over at my daughter and she was starting to look a bit pale and as the day continues so did she continue to look worse. We probably sat there for another 30 minutes but it was time to head back to more settled water as the young one was starting to look green by now.

It was still a great day on the water. Next time we will have to remember the motion sickness pills!! Does anyone know if they actually work?

Mate if you are that far out, why dont you try west reef? Least you will hook up something for sure. Run a burley trail and oil and use those livies over the reef. Might get a shark ;)

Kewells do the job for motion sickness