fish art shots

dirvin21

I love them. They look so natural. Dirvin21, what gear/settings do you use for them? I mean for photos. Do you do some photo processing on computer at the end?

Guys, bring more similar photos. Size doesn't matter here .

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk

I love them. They look so natural. Dirvin21, what gear/settings do you use for them? I mean for photos. Do you do some photo processing on computer at the end?

Guys, bring more similar photos. Size doesn't matter here .

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk

I use a high colour mode on the camera, I don't do any processing afterwards

depending on the situation I may take up to 10 shots at a time and then keep the best one

post-20708-0-08030500-1472081239_thumb.jpgGreat pictures Dirvin21. You've certainly captured some unusual "action" in them. This picture, whilst not really artistic, is somewhat unusual. It shows a small Murray Cod (taken on a cube of cheese) on the top hook and a freshwater mussel (which had a go at a freshwater shrimp), on the bottom hook of a double paternoster rig, fished in the Murrumbidgee River.

A bit more of my daughters work (now 15). She draws from either her underwater photos or fish she has caught.

Jon

_MG_7580_zpsolwfc87z.jpg

_MG_7605_1_zps5kezbvxv.jpg

_MG_7589_zpsie1rhyru.jpg

_MG_7598_zpsemavs2dg.jpg

_MG_7584_zps6rokoigz.jpg

Here she is with the front cover shot of the local tourism mag which was also displayed around Sydney on billboards.

Screen%20shot%202016-09-06%20at%204.12.0

Edited by JonD

Thanks guys, im lucky with all my kids being so passionate about their interests. The art is only a very small part of what the eldest does, she's also providing marine research to different universaty and museums. She also decided to give triathlons a try and won her age category in her last race even after crashing her bike ( just came in from a 10k run!!). I'm the old worn out bloke riding a bike alongside her to light her path!!!

Jon

Edited by JonD

thanks Neil!

WOW Jon D those pics and drawings are incredible! is that first drawing of a rabbit fish?

I had a foxface in my marine tank a while ago looks a little bit like that in the face

No it's boar fish, we see a few down this way.

Jon