NZ fishing - Westport (19-20th Feb 2015)

nanman

Hi guys,

I've been in NZ over last couple of weeks to watch some of the cricket World Cup games and bit of a holiday driving around the country. One of the stopovers on the South Island was at Westport. I had been itching to go fishing but only got my first chance there. On first day I went looking for spots and went to one of the piers and watched this amazing sunset. On day two I went to a local tackle shop to get some tackle & advice then headed to the pier again. I was told that Kahawai were easy pickings there so decided to target them with few metal lures.

I had few follows after few casts no hookups. After about 30 casts my spoon lure was taken by what I thought was a small Kahawai but after winding in closer it finally realised it was hooked and started going nuts. It must have been around 3kg & I knew I couldn't lift it in but I wasn't planning to keep it anyway so tried lifting without much care.. You can watch the video on the link below.

https://vimeo.com/120268351

This is the lure I got it on

post-20168-14248272291168_thumb.jpg

Well done. A very patiently controlled fight. They pull well on light tackle, don't they. Was the footage taken on a go pro? Neil.

Thanks guys.

Yea. It was recorded on a gopro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk