Light Leader

Ryder

post-33162-0-62227900-1425022122_thumb.jpg

Fishing for blackfish, I recently changed to using FC Rock.

I know now what the FC stands for..... it's garbage.

I snapped the leader 5 times on fish this arvo, a few times on the weekend, and more the weekend before.

It even snaps when tying knots... Locked up 1/2blood knot lubed, tighten, tug, snap.

When tying it snaps at the knot, during the fight, it snaps anywhere.

Can anyone give me a good alternative, I'm losing too much gear and too many fish.

Cheers. Ryder

P

Mate thats probably the most used brand world wide ive used it for years never had a prob with it.has it ever been exposed to any elements because you would be the first to ever say anything wrong about fc rock

No exposure, it stays in my backpack.

The worst part is , obviously, it snaps when a fish is on.

But re tying to get back into it takes 2 or more tries just to get a knot that doesn't snap.

And the fish are there to be caught.

I have found the 8 lb ProlURE CLEAR fluorocarbon leader at 0.23mm Dia catches more than fishing pals with Vanish 6 lb fluorocarbon leader.

Make sure you don't have any sand on hands when tieing hook from berley and always lubricate the knot with a bit of spittle before tightening it down.

I have had knots break on 6lb vanish also, but never on the ProLURE line.

Howsy

FC rock is all I use and never had a problem. A more likely cause is the knots Use a slim beauty or a FG knot for leaders and a uni knot for attaching to your leader. FC has a hard outer shell which gives it great abrasion resistance and is more prone to creating friction when tying knots this is more common with flouro leader than flouro spinning line which is much softer also some flouro leader is soft also as it is made for different conditions where abrasion isn't as much of a problem As an example I have caught plenty of good flatties 70cm plus on 4lb FC rock but when I was using seagar or vanish leader my lure losses to flathead was high with evidence of leader wearing through

Mate they agreed a bad lot, and replaced it with the same.

I probably got it in November, so the new one shouldn't be from the same batch.

I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

I am taking onboard the advice, no sand on the hands when tying knots. Always have a hand wash bucket.

And like Iceman suggested, using a uni rather than a locked half blood knot to reduce fiction.

The store I use doesn't stock vanish, for the same issues I had.

Hopefully things are different next time out.

I was fishing another new spot, privately owned, and it could have been a great first session.