Using old fish leftovers as burley

dogbox

hi guys

just wanted to get some views on whether use can use left over fish skeletons as burley

Today I filleted the bream we caught and I was thinking that I might use the bream skeletons in the burley bucked instead of the mullet fish frames next time out.

When I was in SA catching snapper it was strictly a NO NO the smell if dead snapper would put the snapper off the bite if released back into the water.

Just wondering is anyone has any experience in this or its just a myth.

dogbox

Guest no one

There is a myth about snapper... I thought using snapper frames would be great burley tied to my anchor but I was told that snapper hate their own taste so would avoid the area...

I always tie frames to my anchor but have stopped using snapper now! I don't know if it's true or not though!

My brother used to save all the fish frames from the restaurant he worked in, and then fun them through the commercial mincer. We would use this as a kind of 'berley base' - add bread, pellets, etc. Worked well for attracting interest, although by the time we got the quantities right - at first we were using way too much - things had changed and little bro had changed jobs - no access to a mincer again. I guess because it was a mix of frames from different species, no particular species was turned off.

• 2 weeks later...