guides suitable for braid

Ok so I made a mistake. What makes it worse is that i predicted it would probably happen but i went ahead anyway to try and save money. I bought a backbone elite 24kg runner tip rod to match my tyrnos 30 II which I just spooled with braid. While spooling the reel under some pressure the guides melted or something and they are now damaged.

Now after walking around the house swearing at myself I need some advice. Should I ditch the rod and buy something more suitable? Or should I get the guides replaced with braid friendly ones?

false alarm. I looked like a total idiot at the tackle shop... The damage was actually residue from the braid that had turned rock hard. Had to scrape it off with a knife very carefully. I washed what i thought was all the residue off the guides but alas i was wrong. Mods please delete this. im begging you!

At least i didnt have to buy a new rod or guides. I did however end up spending another 80 bucks anyway on various things.

You were right Stevefish!

false alarm. I looked like a total idiot at the tackle shop... The damage was actually residue from the braid that had turned rock hard. Had to scrape it off with a knife very carefully. I washed what i thought was all the residue off the guides but alas i was wrong. Mods please delete this. im begging you!

At least i didnt have to buy a new rod or guides. I did however end up spending another 80 bucks anyway on various things.

You were right Stevefish!

Don't worry mate... nothing like thinking one of the toys is broken to turn the brain off momentarily!

This is good information for other readers.

Cheers

Jim