Flathead spots sydney

weav88

Hello,

Moved to sydney about 6 months ago. I have now bought a car and a few of us have bought some rods> Just 2 piece 7-9ft rods. I've fished before but my friends are brand new to fishing.

Want to go do some shore fishing, possibly targeting flat head to start as its fairly easy in comparison to others. Although if you can suggest an easier target species I would be very appreciative.

We went off chinaman beach today and got a few nibbles but caught nothing. So i'm looking for suggestions to take these guys somewhere within 40mins of sydney. I want to show these guys how fun fishing can be before they write it off and never go again..

Ive heard possibly narrabeen by the bridge into the lake.. But any other spots or even tips would be great..

Thanks

Simon

Off Brighton or off dolls point is a good land based place to fish in the bay. Brighton is well known for its whiting but you will have to be there from 5 because thats when the bight starts and thats when there r no one swimming. Dolls point is the same thing but here you can catch bream flaties small snapper big whighting and if your lucky you might land a crab if you bring it in slow enough

Rgds youngfella

I've had some great success off Cronulla hitting flathead but that was in a boat drifting just behind the breaking waves. I'm not sure if it will give the same results from the shore but I guess its worth a shot. A bad day fishing is better than a good day working they say!

I've had some great success off Cronulla hitting flathead but that was in a boat drifting just behind the breaking waves. I'm not sure if it will give the same results from the shore but I guess its worth a shot. A bad day fishing is better than a good day working they say!

Any size to the Flats?

There are some good North to South Flathead drifts South/West of Osborne Shoal and on the same line further East (deeper)

Cheers

Paikea