hub removal

reese

I no this has been covered,

but this is different from most hubs I have seen, and I cant get this off,

I have removed the spring in the front, cant work what else needs to be removed.

thee is a nipple for a grease gun to fill with grease.. if that helps..

any tips or a link to removal of this type of hub.

I can find different hub removals just not this one.

pics to assist

please keep you opinion of the trailer condition to your self - I know the condition hence why I am working on it

thanks

7oL6a57.jpg

kp4wJ6u.jpg

The spring is from the bearing buddy, so knock that off first (and fit new ones). Then you will see the nut and split pin. Remove those and then you will be able to get the hub off-might need some "persuasion" . I have seen alot worse trailer running gear than that.

Cheers,

Huey.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine

so do i tap the front peice where the spring come from? to loosen then remove? then that should come off then will see nut and slipt pin?

HUEY form experience do you have a rought price for that sort of hub to replace? parts only?

Edited by reese

Yes

the bit with the spring in it needs to be persuaded off.

Tap it on the top and the side and the bottom. I'm guessing that

with the spring out like that, its buggered so you want be doing too much

damage

Under that is the castle nut and a split pin. Undo that then the hub should pull out

and from there you can get an idea what you need to replace.

I got two new ford hubs and bearings for under $100

PM me if you want hte details

cheers

The hub is the same as most hubs. The part you are trying to remove is essentially taking the place of a dust cap and is removed the same way. Just check around the rim where I have arrowed and see if the previous owner has put in a small self tapping screw to hold the bearing buddy onto the hub. My old trailer had one and I wondered why it wasn't coming off. Undo the screw if it is there and tap it off, otherwise just tap/pry it loose. Removing a bearing buddy or dust cap is probably the easiest part of the job and if you have no clue on how to do that, then see if someone can't help you. I was driving down the highway last month and a boat on a trailer was coming towards me when the wheel came off and bounced across my path. Very dangerous and I would hate to see that happening to you. Good luck with the job.

post-11324-0-98042000-1422508606_thumb.jpg

you are all ledgens

i pulled the spring out but put back to show where i got it from -

no worrys guys ill take it to my local auto shop once i pull it off and see how much they can do it for - thanks again everyone-

i will remove it tomorrow hopefully

Edited by reese