Best fish finder

Space Ace

how big is the bank?

do you want GPS as well? Mulwala is a big area having GPS will give you the option to mark & save locations where you get fish for later reference.

pretty much every one will tell you they bought theres because its better then the next blokes.

My last unit was Humminbird = absolute crap then I watched a video on how to use sounders & every one was telling me what a great unit it was (simple adjustment) Now I have Garmin = great unit but I believe Im missing detail because I still dont have the settings right.

the bigger brand units are all pretty much the same & will all cover what you need I would suggest going to a shop that has them on display & navigate the menus - not just how to change screen but how to adjust sensitivity, surface noise etc on the sounder. Its not worth having the good gear and it not working for you due to a simple setting.

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

The new lowrance elite ti in a 7 or 5 inch should do the job nicely the unit can power your normal depth sounding, structure and side scan incorporated into the total scan transducer. Personally I would go for the 7inch that way it is not to small when you split the screen and good value at $1200 rrp including a map card

one with the total scan transducer

The new lowrance elite ti in a 7 or 5 inch should do the job nicely the unit can power your normal depth sounding, structure and side scan incorporated into the total scan transducer. Personally I would go for the 7inch that way it is not to small when you split the screen and good value at $1200 rrp including a map card

one with the total scan transducer

^^^^^^^ this

I was having more of a look at the good value touch screen sounder/gps that can run the new totalscan transducers and it looks like there are two options very similar. So similar I am wondering does any one know which is the better unit out of the new Lowrance TI touch and the Simrad GO7 XSE?

I found out the answers to my questions

The Simrad GO7xse has all the same features as the Lowrance 7TI except the lowrance has buttons as well as the touch screen. Mounting is slightly different to they have different brackets and the Simrad lends itself to being the better flush mount option as it is sleeker.