Beach in this period of the year

Snapper81

Hi fishos,

I would like to ask some advise about beach:

Which kind of gears I have to use?

Which bait?

Which fish can I cacth?

If someone can help me it will be amazing.

My rod is a Shimano sentina nano series 10'6, weight 4/8 kg, lure 15/60gr.

My reel is a Shimano baitrunner 4000 OC

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Guest123456789

That rod and reel will do nicely.

Spool it up with some 15lbs mono line. For bait, salted pilchards and use half pilchards, with a 1/0 hook. Google how to tie half pilchards for a video showing you how.

50cm of 15 lbs fluro leader. Attached to a swivel them a star sinker on an ezy rig (or crane swivel). Size 3 star sinker in big surf, size 1 in small surf.

You can catch so much with this from the beach including bream, trevally, salmon, tailor, flathead. The trick is to find a good deep gutter and preferably fish on dawn or dusk around the high tide mark in warmer weather and lighter winds. IE don't bother in a storm or cold windy days. You don't have to cast to New Zealand either the fish are often in close.

Ok mate.....

I already use something like what you are suggesting to me!!!!

I will use it.......

Any other advise about different bait?

What work as bait on the beach instead of pilchard?

I fishing since I started here in Sydney ONLY pilchard but now it's time to change!

Guest Guest123456789

It's your buying it, salted pilchard is the best from the beach IMO. Whole pillies on a gang hook will catch you salmon, tailor, flathead. Half pillies you will land all these plus bream, trevally and big whiting so use the halves, need less bait that way too.

F you can get your hands on fresh bait like beach worms or pippis even better.

I found the gutter but maybe was the wrong one!!!!

Anyway I will try next Thursday afternoon before dark.

Do you think I can use a metal lure with my rod or is it too heavy?

I already bought two metal lure one 37gr and other one 45gr.

One I lose yesterday while I was casting [emoji35]

But I have still one.

7514631e430b1632b643b75bdce03ffd.jpg

Guest Guest123456789

Yes you can use metal lures. Have you seen any baitfish at your spot? If so try and replicate those baitfish (in terms of look and motion).

My local beach we get yakkas, garfish, mullet, whitebait and pilchards. If I see birds around and schools of fish feeding on baitfish on the surface I'll throw lures. Otherwise I fish from the bottom with bait.

Agree with Flathead luke. Try metal lures. Also i have been doing well with Samaki Viblicous 30 gram falk and split tail soft vibes. I use them a lot for Bream and Jew in the river , the 10 gram size. But using the same tecniques works well in the surf. Slowly retrieved " slow roll " or the usual drop to the bottom and lift then let it drop back down and lift. And I use Sax scent on them . That way they closley resemble bait! Regards Howard.

Guest Guest123456789

And don't be afraid to do both at once! Set your bait up and put in a rod holder. 10 metres to the right or left spin with your lure rod. Just remember to set the drag light enough so the fish won't pull your rod over.