Drawbar Extension & Bow Boarding Ladder

aries44

Hi Fellow Fishraiders

I've designed and built a very simple combined Drawbar Extension & Bow-Boarding Ladder. The 2.5m galvanised drawbar extension simply slides into a 'female' square tube section bolted under your existing trailer coupling. You can use this to either beach-launch or manouver your boat into a tight parking spot. The female coupling section also has a winged base that supports a removable aluminium bow boarding ladder. The ladder has a rectangular 'cut-out' section to allow a protruding bowsprit anchor to fit through as you drive your boat onto the trailer. Refer attached photo. If anyone wants to build one I'd be happy to share my design with them. 0418 44 44 91.

post-869-127789342502_thumb.jpg

Hi Fellow Fishraiders

I've designed and built a very simple combined Drawbar Extension & Bow-Boarding Ladder. The 2.5m galvanised drawbar extension simply slides into a 'female' square tube section bolted under your existing trailer coupling. You can use this to either beach-launch or manouver your boat into a tight parking spot. The female coupling section also has a winged base that supports a removable aluminium bow boarding ladder. The ladder has a rectangular ‘cut-out‘ section to allow a protruding bowsprit anchor to fit through as you drive your boat onto the trailer. Refer attached photo. If anyone wants to build one I'd be happy to share my design with them. 0418 44 44 91.

would love to see the photo???

would love to see the photo???

Don't know why the website says one simple picture in jpeg. format is "too big to upload". If you send me your private email address I'll send it to you. Otherwise you can come a have a look at it in person - whichever suits you.

Don't know why the website says one simple picture in jpeg. format is "too big to upload". If you send me your private email address I'll send it to you. Otherwise you can come a have a look at it in person - whichever suits you.

email me that pic to fishraider@iinet.net.au

I will attach it and let you know what the issue with it is.

mrsswordie

• 2 weeks later...

Nice design and very innovative, Aries. Did you make it yourself?

Tuffy

Hi Tuffy

I designed it myself but got the components built at separate places. The ladder is a cut down from a ladder manufacturer but modified to allow the protruding bowsprit anchor to pass through. The female section that both takes the drawbar and supports the ladder was made by a steel manufacturer, drilled to take the bolts from the existing trailer coupling, then galvanised. If you are ever interested in building one and are not far from the Concord area you can come and have a look.

Aries44

Hi Tuffy

I designed it myself but got the components built at separate places. The ladder is a cut down from a ladder manufacturer but modified to allow the protruding bowsprit anchor to pass through. The female section that both takes the drawbar and supports the ladder was made by a steel manufacturer, drilled to take the bolts from the existing trailer coupling, then galvanised. If you are ever interested in building one and are not far from the Concord area you can come and have a look.

Aries44

May do that - I'm only at Putney - let you know.

Thanks, Tuffy