Welcome to Fishraider

Welcome to Fishraider, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Fishraider by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Photo

Newcastle Fishing Spots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dano1

Dano1

FLATHEAD

• MEMBERS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

Hi Raiders,

Was thinking about taking my boat up to newcastle,
Was wondering what the fishing is like up there?? iI often drive over the swannsee bridge and see people fishing the channel there, looks realy good! is much caught there??

Thanks for your help??

Dan.

#2 OFFLINE   skramp_84

skramp_84

MACKEREL

• MEMBERS
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:34 AM

What are you targeting?

Cheers

#3 OFFLINE   Dano1

Dano1

FLATHEAD

• MEMBERS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

What are you targeting?

Cheers

Normally go for kings in the harbour!!

Are there kings up there? without going to far offshore??

Otherwise maybe flatties.

Cheers mate

Dan.

#4 OFFLINE   skramp_84

skramp_84

MACKEREL

• MEMBERS
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yeah mate there are kings.

Im not familiar with the lake or Swansea but grew up fishing Newcastle harbour. Ive tried to mark out a bit of a map for you...Your best bet for kings is to anchor up near any of the marker boys at the entrance to the harbour (red dots) and use your usual methods. You can get livies on the wreck (blue dot), located on the Northern side of the Northern (Stokton) breakwall. There is also a large reef system (green line) that runs along the northern side of the southern (Nobby's) breakwall that produces good catches. Palagics hold well in Stokton bight (the yellow shaded area).

Stokton bridge (white shading) produces good jewies, you best bet for the jews is to get your slimies or yakas from the wreck above. There is a god hole also, in the vacinity of the purple shaded area. Apart from that, thereis plenty of oyster leases that hold good bream just north of Stockton bridge.

I hope you can understand all this and hope it helps somewhat. Let me know how you go.

Attached File  untitled.JPG   38.49KB   515 downloads

Cheers

Daniel

#5 OFFLINE   Dano1

Dano1

FLATHEAD

• MEMBERS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:47 PM

Yeah mate there are kings.

Im not familiar with the lake or Swansea but grew up fishing Newcastle harbour. Ive tried to mark out a bit of a map for you...Your best bet for kings is to anchor up near any of the marker boys at the entrance to the harbour (red dots) and use your usual methods. You can get livies on the wreck (blue dot), located on the Northern side of the Northern (Stokton) breakwall. There is also a large reef system (green line) that runs along the northern side of the southern (Nobby's) breakwall that produces good catches. Palagics hold well in Stokton bight (the yellow shaded area).

Stokton bridge (white shading) produces good jewies, you best bet for the jews is to get your slimies or yakas from the wreck above. There is a god hole also, in the vacinity of the purple shaded area. Apart from that, thereis plenty of oyster leases that hold good bream just north of Stockton bridge.

I hope you can understand all this and hope it helps somewhat. Let me know how you go.

Attached File  untitled.JPG   38.49KB   515 downloads

Cheers

Daniel

Thanks mate really helpfull,

will give that a crack! hopfully get up there in the next few weeks!

Thanks mate.

Dan