Newcastle Fishing Spots

Dano1

Hi Raiders,

Was thinking about taking my boat up to newcastle,

Was wondering what the fishing is like up there?? iI often drive over the swannsee bridge and see people fishing the channel there, looks realy good! is much caught there??

Thanks for your help??

Dan.

Yeah mate there are kings.

Im not familiar with the lake or Swansea but grew up fishing Newcastle harbour. Ive tried to mark out a bit of a map for you...Your best bet for kings is to anchor up near any of the marker boys at the entrance to the harbour (red dots) and use your usual methods. You can get livies on the wreck (blue dot), located on the Northern side of the Northern (Stokton) breakwall. There is also a large reef system (green line) that runs along the northern side of the southern (Nobby's) breakwall that produces good catches. Palagics hold well in Stokton bight (the yellow shaded area).

Stokton bridge (white shading) produces good jewies, you best bet for the jews is to get your slimies or yakas from the wreck above. There is a god hole also, in the vacinity of the purple shaded area. Apart from that, thereis plenty of oyster leases that hold good bream just north of Stockton bridge.

I hope you can understand all this and hope it helps somewhat. Let me know how you go.

post-3476-1172481825_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Daniel

Yeah mate there are kings.

Im not familiar with the lake or Swansea but grew up fishing Newcastle harbour. Ive tried to mark out a bit of a map for you...Your best bet for kings is to anchor up near any of the marker boys at the entrance to the harbour (red dots) and use your usual methods. You can get livies on the wreck (blue dot), located on the Northern side of the Northern (Stokton) breakwall. There is also a large reef system (green line) that runs along the northern side of the southern (Nobby's) breakwall that produces good catches. Palagics hold well in Stokton bight (the yellow shaded area).

Stokton bridge (white shading) produces good jewies, you best bet for the jews is to get your slimies or yakas from the wreck above. There is a god hole also, in the vacinity of the purple shaded area. Apart from that, thereis plenty of oyster leases that hold good bream just north of Stockton bridge.

I hope you can understand all this and hope it helps somewhat. Let me know how you go.

post-3476-1172481825_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Daniel

Thanks mate really helpfull,

will give that a crack! hopfully get up there in the next few weeks!

Thanks mate.

Dan