How Do You Get Rid Of Seals

thereddragon

Hi all,

Just wondering how do you get rid of seals hanging around the boat eating your catch?

Also is it leagal to kill them? or throw rocks at them to go away?

Mate i dont thing you will get to many nice replys if the best way you can think of is to kill them!!!!! Remember your in their backyard and they were there first!!!!

Having said that though they can be very annoying!!!! Just move somewhere else!!!!!!

I have a mate who was cubing for Y/F one day when a large leopard seal took a liking to the 30kg kin he was about to put in the boat.

As he gaffed the fin and dragged it over the side the said seal decided he wanted it for himself and tried to board the 18fter by way of the engine well. Almost sinking the boat! :(

The angler who wont be named, fearing for his safety belted the seal with the gaff handle and he slipped back into the water!

All this did was make the 300kg+ seal dude angry, who proceeded to swim around the back of the boat bellowing loudly :1yikes:

Said mate decided enough was enough so he started the motor and moved approx 2 klm away and began cubing again.

Next thing seal dudes back, so mate decides retreat is best and heads back in. :074:

This is a true story!!!

Hi all,

Just wondering how do you get rid of seals hanging around the boat eating your catch?

No1 best way to get rid of seals is to dive in the water with your best white pointer outfit! I gaurantee they will vanish. :1prop: Yes I would change fishing spots mate they need the fish more than we do!

Hi all,

Hey there thereddragon......

just throw it a red ball....... works every time might not get rid of him

but sure keep's everyone entertained if fishing is slow.. :1prop:

Cheers Warnie........

Reminds me of this...

"A penguin driving through Arizona on a hot summer′s day when he realises his car is leaking oil. So he finds a service station and asks the mechanic to check his car over. He′s asked to leave it an hour and call back. Meanwhile the Penguin went for a walk and had a large ice cream. His short little arms ensure the ice cream is all over his face. Returning to the Garage ice cream all over his face, he asks what was wring with the car. The mechanic replied, looks like you′ve blown a seal. No, no says the penguin it′s just ice cream."

Cheers

PJ Garn