Talbingo Dam

dunga

I just can't work this place out. I have fished there three times in the past 6 months for the grand total of one fish.

Headed up to Talbingo yesterday with my ever faithful fishing buddy Roger and his son for a day of trolling about. I didn't expect to do all that well but was quietly confident that seeing as it wasn't my boat, I could spend a bit more time concentrating on getting down deep above the snags. We were on the water at 8am, started trolling straight away, I was down 5 colours on lead line and picked up a nice 40cm rainbow by 8.30 using Tassie devils.

I have been outfished by roger on every occasion that we have been out and was not really ready for what transpired. By 11.30 I had 8 fish in the boat, Roger had 1 and his son was zip. I was starting to get a little embarrassed by my success at this stage so I gave Rogers son my good rod with the lead line and he caught 3 fish in quick succession, which made him happy and made me feel better. The fish went off the bite at 1.30 so we did a little bait fishing to no avail. Grand total for the day was 19 rainbows and 1 brown ranging from 46cm to 30cm. I accounted for 12 of the fish and am still pinching myself, sorry didn't have time for picks. The best session of fishing I have ever had.

Shane

Question, where is Talbingo and how far from Sydney.

Gday Martin, Talbingo is 40 k south of Tumut, around four and a half hours south of sydney on the hume highway. You have to turn off at Gundagai.

shane

one of the rainbows pic attached.

post-67-1105064826_thumb.jpg

Edited by dunga

Question, where is Talbingo and how far from Sydney.

Gday Martin, Talbingo is 40 k south of Tumut, around four and a half hours south of sydney on the hume highway. You have to turn off at Gundagai.

shane

one of the rainbows pic attached.

26054[/snapback]

Thank you and thats a great trout