Registering A Boat

pro fisher

Hi pro fisher seeing your tinnie is boat coaded, IE it already has a HIN number (Hull Identification Number), it can be easily registered with the Maritime and given a NSW boat number sticker and a sticker that shows the maximum number of passengers permitted which you calculate yourself from a chart on the sticker . The fact that the boat is registered allows you to insure it and the insurance against theft, damage etc also covers you in claims of personal liabilty, and damage to property from accident, fire etc .

The boat, trailer, motor and the boat's assessories can be insured together at an agreed price and this should be done for you own protection.

Having comprehensive insurance is the only way to cover yourself against public liability, third party injury claims and damage to property etc.

The trailer, is classed as a vehicle and must be registered as a separate entity with the RTA, however you can now register your boat as well at the RTA, though I'm not sure if the RTA is fully set up or only does boat registration renewals.

If the trailer number plate has already been handed in, the RTA will issue a new plate. If the trailer has never been registered, it will also need a blue slip issued by an RTA accredited workshop, and perhaps will have to be weighed at a weighbridge off the boat and unhitched from the tow vehicle.

This has to be done with all interstate trailers registered or otherwise as the NSW RTA will not accept any interstate registration details.

Hope this helps

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi pro fisher seeing your tinnie is boat coaded, IE it already has a HIN number (Hull Identification Number), it can be easily registered with the Maritime and given a NSW boat number sticker and a sticker that shows the maximum number of passengers permitted which you calculate yourself from a chart on the sticker . The fact that the boat is registered allows you to insure it and the insurance against theft, damage etc also covers you in claims of personal liabilty, and damage to property from accident, fire etc .

The boat, trailer, motor and the boat's assessories can be insured together at an agreed price and this should be done for you own protection.

Having comprehensive insurance is the only way to cover yourself against public liability, third party injury claims and damage to property etc.

The trailer, is classed as a vehicle and must be registered as a separate entity with the RTA, however you can now register your boat as well at the RTA, though I'm not sure if the RTA is fully set up or only does boat registration renewals.

If the trailer number plate has already been handed in, the RTA will issue a new plate. If the trailer has never been registered, it will also need a blue slip issued by an RTA accredited workshop, and perhaps will have to be weighed at a weighbridge off the boat and unhitched from the tow vehicle.

This has to be done with all interstate trailers registered or otherwise as the NSW RTA will not accept any interstate registration details.

Hope this helps

Cheers

thanks mate, so i will look into seeing if RTA will register it, it not then NSW will be the go.

will i need to take it in or can i just renew it? (it has not been registered since 2004).

and i dont need to worry about the trailer, thats registered...

cheers.

thanks mate, so i will look into seeing if RTA will register it, it not then NSW will be the go.

will i need to take it in or can i just renew it? (it has not been registered since 2004).

and i dont need to worry about the trailer, thats registered...

cheers.

Oh I see pro fisher, in the case of registering the boat only I would slip down to the nearest Maritime office. You can pick out a boat name to include in your rego, pick up the new registered boat number stickers and the maximum number of persons sticker and ask them for the fish mainimum sizes and bag limits stickers for your boat for both salt and freshwater fish while your down there as well. You will need a receipt of purchase or they will give you a stat deck form to have signed by an approved person witnessing your signature which says you now own the boat. You will have to have the HIN number confirmed as being legitimate and that's about it.

Good luck with it, it's all pretty easy going now with this. No need to take the boat they only need proof of purchase and appropriate ID, and it should be straight forward and no worries at the Maritime !

Cheers

Oh I see pro fisher, in the case of registering the boat only I would slip down to the nearest Maritime office. You can pick out a boat name to include in your rego, pick up the new registered boat number stickers and the maximum number of persons sticker and ask them for the fish mainimum sizes and bag limits stickers for your boat for both salt and freshwater fish while your down there as well. You will need a receipt of purchase or they will give you a stat deck form to have signed by an approved person witnessing your signature which says you now own the boat. You will have to have the HIN number confirmed as being legitimate and that's about it.

Good luck with it, it's all pretty easy going now with this. No need to take the boat they only need proof of purchase and appropriate ID, and it should be straight forward and no worries at the Maritime !

Cheers

oh ok, sweet. it all sounds pretty relaxed, thank god!

cheers mate,

tom.

pretty sure seeing that it is unregoed for a while will will need to get the boat code checked prior to

going to the Waterways.

This will need to be done at a authorized boat code place and you will need to take the boat to them.