Bait For Jews

james44

You name it the Jews take it,

beach worms

live bait ,tailor ,mullet,slimies,yellowtail and definately squid.

Cut and strip baits and whole dead baits of all of the above.

Cheers Stewy :biggrin2:

You name it the Jews take it,

beach worms

live bait ,tailor ,mullet,slimies,yellowtail and definately squid.

Cut and strip baits and whole dead baits of all of the above.

Cheers Stewy :biggrin2:

so no live baits ??

thanks mate if it is a good weeknd ill be out there trying..

ill tell you if anything happends

cheers

so no live baits ??

thanks mate if it is a good weeknd ill be out there trying..

ill tell you if anything happends

cheers

I think you misread it :biggrin2: its states live baits as in tailor etc etc etc

Good Luck on the weekend,hope to see a few big ones come over the side :thumbup:

Hi Cox Craft :1welcomeani:

Best jewfish baits are live baits, large fresh fish baits and squid either arrow or calamari. In the Hawkesbury local arrow squid is the number one jew bait followed by live bait such as yellowtail, tailor, slimie mackeral, mullet, Pike, Herring, and bunches of worms. The larger the bait, the bigger the fish and the more the chance of attracting peckers. Pecker activity in turn attracts the attention of jewfish, either territorially, when they are nearby or passing thru. Large baits also remain intact longer.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I think you misread it :biggrin2: its states live baits as in tailor etc etc etc

Good Luck on the weekend,hope to see a few big ones come over the side :thumbup:

haha yeah sorry mate yeah ill try get some photos if i get some good ones

cheeers

Hi Cox Craft :1welcomeani:

Best jewfish baits are live baits, large fresh fish baits and squid either arrow or calamari. In the Hawkesbury local arrow squid is the number one jew bait followed by live bait such as yellowtail, tailor, slimie mackeral, mullet, Pike, Herring, and bunches of worms. The larger the bait, the bigger the fish and the more the chance of attracting peckers. Pecker activity in turn attracts the attention of jewfish, either territorially, when they are nearby or passing thru. Large baits also remain intact longer.

Cheers

cheers mate u seam to know quite a bit about jew fish you wouldnt happen to know any good

places to get on to some decent sized jews....?

cheers

Hi Cox Craft

No worries I'll direct you to some good spots. I'm only too willing to share my spots with my friends and Fishraider members, and I'm sure Swordfisherman who targeted jewfish for years with a close friend of mine will help you out with other spots as well. There's plenty of water out there and I can always find other spots if ther's no room for me . Three main areas in Sydney, are the Hawkesbury, the Georges and the Port Hacking. Parramatta River which I don't fish has some good jew upriver and Middle Harbour is also a good jew spot if you launch up that way.

Tell me where you usually fish and whether you intend doing a few landbased sessions as well.

Cheers

Hi Cox Craft

No worries I'll direct you to some good spots. I'm only too willing to share my spots with my friends and Fishraider members, and I'm sure Swordfisherman who targeted jewfish for years with a close friend of mine will help you out with other spots as well. There's plenty of water out there and I can always find other spots if ther's no room for me . Three main areas in Sydney, are the Hawkesbury, the Georges and the Port Hacking. Parramatta River which I don't fish has some good jew upriver and Middle Harbour is also a good jew spot if you launch up that way.

Tell me where you usually fish and whether you intend doing a few landbased sessions as well.

Cheers

hey jewgaffer.. i usally fish around hawkesbury and pittwater .. i was woundering about lion island if you can mabey get some out there.. i havent caught that many fish as im just getting hooked on it and would love to have a decent fighting fish on the line to give me a run... soo yeah anything that you can point out would be a good help

cheers Cox Craft

Hi Cox Craft

I'd give the head of Lion Island a go about 150metres out and slightly round the corner from the river side bait ground but not considered as same, from around two hours before the top. I'd fish there for all the run down. There are two bait holding areas off Lion Island, the one I referred to is when you look square on at the Lion from the river out from the bay that goes in to Patonga wharf, and the other bait ground or refuge is the small alcove shape in the centre of the Lion on the Brisbane Waters side.

At the head side of the Lion fish a good twenty metres out from where the sand meets the rocky bottom to have the jew come out and once they're out they'll devour your squid in one hit and boof your livies, and if you wait they'll complete the mission by coming back to inhale the maimed baitfish down and only then are you really in business. :thumbup:

Cheers

Hi Cox Craft

I'd give the head of Lion Island a go about 150metres out and slightly round the corner from the river side bait ground but not considered as same, from around two hours before the top. I'd fish there for all the run down. There are two bait holding areas off Lion Island, the one I referred to is when you look square on at the Lion from the river out from the bay that goes in to Patonga wharf, and the other bait ground or refuge is the small alcove shape in the centre of the Lion on the Brisbane Waters side.

At the head side of the Lion fish a good twenty metres out from where the sand meets the rocky bottom to have the jew come out and once they're out they'll devour your squid in one hit and boof your livies, and if you wait they'll complete the mission by coming back to inhale the maimed baitfish down and only then are you really in business. :thumbup:

Cheers

thanks for all your help jewgaffer...

i will have to get out there and give it all a go this weeknd if its a nice weeknd...

cheers

Cox Craft :1fishing1:

Hi Cox Craft

As to me using a GPS I don't even have a clue how to get the back light on let alone do the menu and have always motored in close first for my baitfish while looking for the more likely spots of several in proximity or on the opposite side on the day and I have to find new ones in new areas for myself.

I bought an Eagle GPS for the Savage I bought up north in December and finished up with a card of the whole of Australia and NZ which a junior threw in, feeling sorry for my meek expression when they ran out of Ballina cards. My mate Jeff the Parson of the River City Church and a keen fisherman has marks for the Ballina outside jew reefs among others and we needed those marks and a gps for my boat as I planned to be up there for 2-3 months, but then the gales and the floods came in.

Did a Hawkesbury session in Slinky Malinky's boat with Arked, did my own line ups, Slinky had a gps spot in the programme I think for the vicinity where I had them drop anchor on my own line ups. Slinky said his GPS was out by 19 metres or my landmark line ups were. Look at it this way we got five jew on the day and I have pulled some good fish from there before GPS were around and sounders for that matter. All I can say is that I've narrowed the waterways down and in new areas I fish according to what the water is doing and I usually do better well back and away from baitfish schools.

I do need a GPS lesson by someone out on the water and they can take and record locations. A couple of jew hook ups mean you are in jewfish territory and the important thing here is that jewfish always come back.

Look it's got to be either Lion Island or Berowra for the larger school jew right now, but you need to try Lion Island first not last as there are Berowras all over the river and when you fish in between the Berowras last and do well, then you'll know the jewfish have arrived and gone up river. But in my opinion Lion Island is the go first for jew, with a lot of big mature bream around up river leading to Berowra.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Cox Craft

As to me using a GPS I don't even have a clue how to get the back light on let alone do the menu and have always motored in close first for my baitfish while looking for the more likely spots of several in proximity or on the opposite side on the day and I have to find new ones in new areas for myself.

I bought an Eagle GPS for the Savage I bought up north in December and finished up with a card of the whole of Australia and NZ which a junior threw in, feeling sorry for my meek expression when they ran out of Ballina cards. My mate Jeff the Parson of the River City Church and a keen fisherman has marks for the Ballina outside jew reefs among others and we needed those marks and a gps for my boat as I planned to be up there for 2-3 months, but then the gales and the floods came in.

Did a Hawkesbury session in Slinky Malinky's boat with Arked, did my own line ups, Slinky had a gps spot in the programme I think for the vicinity where I had them drop anchor on my own line ups. Slinky said his GPS was out by 19 metres or my landmark line ups were. Look at it this way we got five jew on the day and I have pulled some good fish from there before GPS were around and sounders for that matter. All I can say is that I've narrowed the waterways down and in new areas I fish according to what the water is doing and I usually do better well back and away from baitfish schools.

I do need a GPS lesson by someone out on the water and they can take and record locations. A couple of jew hook ups mean you are in jewfish territory and the important thing here is that jewfish always come back.

Look it's got to be either Lion Island or Berowra for the larger school jew right now, but you need to try Lion Island first not last as there are Berowras all over the river and when you fish in between the Berowras last and do well, then you'll know the jewfish have arrived and gone up river. But in my opinion Lion Island is the go first for jew, with a lot of big mature bream around up river leading to Berowra.

Cheers

cheers mate i will defently be trying Lion Island hopefully this weeknd and ill see what happends and then get back to you ... thanks for all your help jewgaffer...

Cox Craft :1fishing1: